Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Good news for both parties, hopefully Ollie can now go on and claim Gabby's record of Villa's all time top Premier League goalscorer, maybe even joining the 100 PL goal club if he can keep improving.

18 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

The best part of this news is he will become a proper legend of the club when he breaks the fake legend's goalscoring record. 

This. This. ONE BILLION TIMES THIS.

The sooner Ollie breaks that record the sooner that clearing in the woods is no longer mentioned as our record Premier League goalscorer.

Can't come soon enough.

Edited by Don_Simon
  • Like 1

On 02/10/2023 at 08:48, DeadlyDirk said:

Only another 24 goals to go before he matches Gabby's premier league goal tally for us. Hopefully then talksport and the media can stop referring to Gabby as "Aston Villa legend...." 

I make it 29? But every chance he is our PL top scorer by the end of next season 🙂

29 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Surely its meaningless stuff really. Players will sign new contracts regardless of their intentions ...... it simply means the club can hold out for a bigger fee from the small handful of mega-clubs who can afford him (eg; Grealish, Delph, etc). Be interesting to know what the buy-out clause(s) would be !

Good news but if the likes of Man City, Arsenal really throw big money at him then the club will, I'm sure, release him but I doubt very much that there is any risk of that.

Do you believe the only teams Ollie would be interested in moving to are teams that will never be interested in Ollie?

If not, his contract extension is far from meaningless.

Â