Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

I don't know but Kadan Young and Patterson are two of our youngsters that have been involved with the England set up and have played a couple of ages up for the U16s so must be doing something right.

Edited by useless

We're playing Oxford at home this coming Saturday.

'The Oxford United Academy reports back next week for the new season and there are a number of friendlies planned for the scholars as they prepare for a new-look season.'

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Looks like I was wrong about Finn Azaz

I think this also perhaps lends more credence to the Caleb Chukwuemeka rumours, I doubt we're signing players in this age range for our U23 team though, must be to loan out.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Looks like I was wrong about Finn Azaz

I think this also perhaps lends more credence to the Caleb Chukwuemeka rumours, I doubt we're signing players in this age range for our U23 team though, must be to loan out.

whats the score with Finn Azaz then?, i see he is 20 years old, he is either a talent right now?, otherwise im surprised we are signing a 20 yr old for you u23s?

I know nothing about him, does anyone else?

The rumour seems to be that we're going to sign him and then loan him straight out to Newport County in League Two, which would seem strange as I'm not sure how a twenty one year old goes from playing at that level to be being good enough to play for us or good enough that we can sell him on for a worthwhile profit in a few years, it's possible of course but seems unlikely, if there's any truth to this story it feels like there must be more to it somehow...

• Thanks 1

On 19/07/2021 at 21:20, useless said:

The rumour seems to be that we're going to sign him and then loan him straight out to Newport County in League Two, which would seem strange as I'm not sure how a twenty one year old goes from playing at that level to be being good enough to play for us or good enough that we can sell him on for a worthwhile profit in a few years, it's possible of course but seems unlikely, if there's any truth to this story it feels like there must be more to it somehow...

Who is his agent and who else does he represent…..?

• Haha 1

According to transfermarkt Azaz's agency is Unique Sport Managment... From what I can make out the talk of him going on loan to Newport originated from 'Football Insider' so there's a strong possibility that there's no truth to that, in which case it might be that we're signing him to loan out to an higher level, there was talk of Albion using him for their first team, so possibly to the championship, which would make more sense because if he was to do well in that division we could sell him on for a decent fee and reinvest the money in the academy or if he was to do particulary well even consider him for our squad.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

We've signed Triston Rowe from West Brom, was at the England U15 training camp back in December with Kadan Young and Samuel Proctor.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

We've signed Triston Rowe from West Brom, was at the England U15 training camp back in December with Kadan Young and Samuel Proctor.

Do you or anyone else know what position Triston Rowe plays in?

I think he's a defender as saw a picture of him earlier holding up a Villa shirt with No.5 on the back and his initials. The highlights posted on the 'risingballers' instagram page are very brief but he looks quite decent on the ball so wouldn't be surprised if he can also play further forward, maybe in midfield or fullback.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Baggies down to about 4 kids by now 

I was going to use a gif of the childcatcher from chitty chitty but I find that character quite sinister looking back at it now.

• Like 1

Do we know if the deal for Tim Iroegbunam went through, seemed imminent but haven't seen any confirmation since. Was one I was quite excited for as was close to WBA first team and would give us options in a role we aren't exactly blessed in.

The deal for Finn being completed before has me questioning whether it's a goer for Tim still?

Azaz we signed for free, whereas it seems we will have to pay some sort of a fee for Iroegbunam, and given that he's their best academy player might take some negotiating.

• Thanks 2

Â