On 13/04/2020 at 17:00, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I'd go:

Louie Barry

Aaron Ramsey

Jacob Ramsey

Carney Chukwuemeka

Jadon Philogene-Bidace

On 13/04/2020 at 16:49, OutByEaster? said:

So, your top five Academy prospects currently with the club in order then?

I'd go:

• Kesler
  • Philogene-Bidace
  • Barry
  • J Ramsey
  • Bridge

With apologies to a whole lot of talented players.

@sir_gary_cahill, @Mat Kendrick's Dentist - your five?

Mine (All Under 18's):- 

1) Louie Barry

2) Kaine Kesler

3) Jadon Philogene-Bidace

4) Aaron Ramsey

5) Carney Chukwuemeka

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

They're only very brief but was looking at some highlights on his instagram of one our U16 players called charlie lutz, looks like a very promising player... Also found this article on him on the Worcester News webstie...

“This season he played left wing, right wing and finished off up front where he scored 22 goals which was 12 more than anyone else in the team,” Lutz said. They see him as a striker next year but who knows? They try to get them to understand football and gain awareness of where they need to be by playing them in different positions. He is both footed and really quick. They do sprint tests at Villa and apparently he is quicker than the under 16s at the moment. Charlie has been on Villa’s books since the age of eight but Lutz says his son is entering a “crucial” couple of years. He has got another two-year contract which will take him to the end of school and then the aim would be to get a scholarship,” Lutz said. That is when they can potentially earn money and who knows where they can go from there? It is going to be two years of hard graft. Eight or nine of his friends were released from his age group so it is getting to that stage where they do get a little bit more brutal when it comes to retaining and releasing players. One good thing that did happen was when he scored a hat-trick and assisted in an in-house game between the under 14s and 15s. Villa manager Dean Smith was watching it and was apparently asking about him so you never know.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, useless said:

They're only very brief but was looking at some highlights on his instagram of one our U16 players called charlie lutz, looks like a very promising player... Also found this article on him on the Worcester News webstie...

“This season he played left wing, right wing and finished off up front where he scored 22 goals which was 12 more than anyone else in the team,” Lutz said. They see him as a striker next year but who knows? They try to get them to understand football and gain awareness of where they need to be by playing them in different positions. He is both footed and really quick. They do sprint tests at Villa and apparently he is quicker than the under 16s at the moment. Charlie has been on Villa’s books since the age of eight but Lutz says his son is entering a “crucial” couple of years. He has got another two-year contract which will take him to the end of school and then the aim would be to get a scholarship,” Lutz said. That is when they can potentially earn money and who knows where they can go from there? It is going to be two years of hard graft. Eight or nine of his friends were released from his age group so it is getting to that stage where they do get a little bit more brutal when it comes to retaining and releasing players. One good thing that did happen was when he scored a hat-trick and assisted in an in-house game between the under 14s and 15s. Villa manager Dean Smith was watching it and was apparently asking about him so you never know.”

Interesting stuff. That article is from last summer, so I wonder how he's progressed since...

On 02/06/2020 at 11:08, useless said:

Some highlights of Philogene-Bidace in second slide...

Just that one bit that we spent 140 million and it's difficult for Youngsters to break through is what's pissing me the F off.

Vassilev and Ramsey made appearances and I got excited then soon as the Injured came back they we sent back down, not on not bloody on.

The 140 mill we spent and yet Vasilev and Ramsey for me shined way more in there appearances than Trezegeut, Ghazi, at least they showed fire, passion,wanting to change a game. Those two lads shown determination to want to change a games outcome, not walk off the pitch cus couldnt be arsed or get frustrated at every turn, they pressed on and got on with it.

If we go down, I want youth to definitely get game time and be used more, would certainly love to see them get game time in the premier. There has to be a way into the first team for Youth and it should of happened the moment we had players who played so inconsistent.

Drives me mad it does and for all we know they could set the team alight and move us I  the right direction if played and utilised correctly on the pitch. 

Edited by Dave-R

All I know about Zito is that he's a central defender, is very big - I don't think anyone will be saying that he 'needs to bulk up',  has the same agent as Kortney Hause, and according transfermarkt he's contracted with us until 2021, also according to transfermarkt it seems he's only played in one match this season and has hardly been on the bench, usually Harrison Sohna plays as a central defender alongside one of Dialla, Appiah, or Sebasian Revan, maybe he's been injured. As an aside if Harrison and Myles Sohna are brothers than that's three sets of siblings that we have playing in our youth teams.

As for Charlie Lutz, I have no idea how he's performed this season but looking at these highlights looks like a promising player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Anyone know anything about Patrick Zito, a young centre back with us?

I'm hoping he's got some promise as I like the name Zito and he's a big fella.

I saw him last season for our u18s, he looked like a capable centre back

1 hour ago, useless said:

All I know about Zito is that he's a central defender, is very big - I don't think anyone will be saying that he 'needs to bulk up',  has the same agent as Kortney Hause, and according transfermarkt he's contracted with us until 2021, also according to transfermarkt it seems he's only played in one match this season and has hardly been on the bench, usually Harrison Sohna plays as a central defender alongside one of Dialla, Appiah, or Sebasian Revan, maybe he's been injured. As an aside if Harrison and Myles Sohna are brothers than that's three sets of siblings that we have playing in our youth teams.

As for Charlie Lutz, I have no idea how he's performed this season but looking at these highlights looks like a promising player.

I saw Patrick Zito for our u18s a few times last season, he looked good 

I haven’t heard the name Charlie Lutz before, that’s a new one on me, he looks good though

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I thought we spent 127 million in the summer? Why are everyone still reporting 140 Mill? 

According Transfermarkt we spent about €140m-€150m in the summer and then another €10m on Samatta in January.

Change it to £ and whatever the exchange rate is and then give or take a few million.

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am sure Purslow said it wasn't 140 million and also that a lot of the fees were bonus related.  I think Mings winning an England cap was one on his fee

Sure they were, goes for all transfers at all clubs. For all we know that 4 min cameo that Wesley did for Brazil might have cost us a couple millions :D 

The fees reported at any given site is likely to be the fee that it could be if certain clauses are triggered. No site is going to bother to find out and post every single condition for the fee.

Sure Newcastle didn't pay a flat £40m fee in cash for Joelinton.

Edited by sne

My concern with our academy is, all the bright prospects, seem all the same type of players.....wingers or inside forwards, in the main.

My question is this?.........Would a young budding Bryan Robson, Duncan Edwards, Gareth Barry or Patrick Viera or Yaya Toure be spotted. Would they be overlooked?

• When was the last time we produced a complete player like sid cowans
  • When have we produced a commanding centre back, since Cahill, Clark and Baker.
  • could we not find an Andy Townsend or Kevin Richardson or our own.

It just seems to me we are a bit narrow visioned, or have been in the past.....it would be nice to see kids come through to fill all area's of the pitch.

Two of our most highly rated youngsters and probably two of the best players in their age group in the country Carney Chukwuemeka and Aaron Ramsey are central midfielders. The academy setup is being revamped now anyway with Mark Harrison being brought in and the changes he's making, so will have to see how that improves things.

• Like 2

Â