Academy General Topic

smetrov

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

different players, who would win the ball or stop the opposition.

Could Tayls do the job. I know he was generally a little more advanced, but could put in a tackle. 

I would say that the five players most likely to come through that are currently in the academy are:

• Jacob Ramsey (CM) - based on coaches opinions and his performances on loan and for the U23's
  • Louie Barry (ST) -  based on one viewing for the U23's and a whole lot of good opinion from elsewhere
  • Carney Chukwuemeka (CM) - based almost entirely on Christian Purslow's opinion - I've seen him a couple of times, but not enough to know one way or the other
  • Kaine Kesler (RB) - bright, lively, quick and talented - he's one of two that are unheralded but really stand out for me.
  • Jaden Philogene-Bidace (LW) - quick feet, tricks galore, goes past people for fun and will give full backs nightmares - he's a joy to watch and a huge talent - the other less heralded player that stands out and for me the biggest talent in terms of the limited performances I've seen this season. 

What's very worrying is that we could lose two of those for nothing this summer - it's something we really do need to take care of at our academy. 

Of those, only Ramsey really is first team ready for day one of next season - the others are all still growing and learning - but I really look forward to seeing these again when the game restarts and I think we'll do very well in the FA Youth cup with them.

Sort the contracts out Purslow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I would say that the five players most likely to come through that are currently in the academy are:

• Jacob Ramsey (CM) - based on coaches opinions and his performances on land and for the U23's
  • Louie Barry (ST) -  based on one viewing for the U23's and a whole lot of good opinion from elsewhere
  • Carney Chukwuemeka (CM) - based almost entirely on Christian Purslow's opinion - I've seen him a couple of times, but not enough to know one way or the other
  • Kaine Kesler (RB) - bright, lively, quick and talented - he's one of two that are unheralded but really stand out for me.
  • Jaden Philogene-Bidace (LW) - quick feet, tricks galore, goes past people for fun and will give full backs nightmares - he's a joy to watch and a huge talent - the other less heralded player that stands out and for me the biggest talent in terms of the limited performances I've seen this season. 

What's very worrying is that we could lose two of those for nothing this summer - it's something we really do need to take care of at our academy. 

Of those, only Ramsey really is first team ready for day one of next season - the others are all still growing and learning - but I really look forward to seeing these again when the game restarts and I think we'll do very well in the FA Youth cup with them.

Jacob Ramsey signed a new 3.5 year contract in January before he was sent out on loan. Thanks for giving your opinion on the other players

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Jacob Ramsey signed a new 3.5 year contract in January before he was sent out on loan. Thanks for giving your opinion on the other players

Yes, the contract problems for me are Chukwuemeka and JPB - I'd be gutted to see us lose JPB to City or Arsenal or Bayern and watch him turn into Jaden Sancho.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yes, the contract problems for me are Chukwuemeka and JPB - I'd be gutted to see us lose JPB to City or Arsenal or Bayern and watch him turn into Jaden Sancho.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Philogene-Bidace is a very good prospect but he is nowhere near as good as Sancho. Sancho is a once in a generation player I think

2 hours ago, Dale said:

Could Tayls do the job. I know he was generally a little more advanced, but could put in a tackle. 

Not imo.

It needs more than just putting in a tackle.....you need to manage the game and dominate from centre midfield....you need to be physically uncompromising and at the same time start attacks with slick passing.

he is nowhere near that.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not imo.

It needs more than just putting in a tackle.....you need to manage the game and dominate from centre midfield....you need to be physically uncompromising and at the same time start attacks with slick passing.

he is nowhere near that.

I’ll get slated for this but I think Drinkwater can do that for us edit- I thought you were talking about our first team

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

• Jacob Ramsey (CM) - based on coaches opinions and his performances on land and for the U23's

Aaron Ramsey is a great prospect from what I've seen. Definitely one of our brightest ATM.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Aaron Ramsey is a great prospect from what I've seen. Definitely one of our brightest ATM.

I thought he used to play for Arsenal.

have we got one too?

Edited by TRO

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, your top five Academy prospects currently with the club in order then?

I'd go:

• Kesler
  • Philogene-Bidace
  • Barry
  • J Ramsey
  • Bridge

With apologies to a whole lot of talented players.

@sir_gary_cahill, @Mat Kendrick's Dentist - your five?

I'd go:

Louie Barry

Aaron Ramsey

Jacob Ramsey

Carney Chukwuemeka

Jadon Philogene-Bidace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, your top five Academy prospects currently with the club in order then?

I'd go:

• Kesler
  • Philogene-Bidace
  • Barry
  • J Ramsey
  • Bridge

With apologies to a whole lot of talented players.

@sir_gary_cahill, @Mat Kendrick's Dentist - your five?

1. Jacob Ramsey

2. Jaden Philogene-Bidace 

3. Mungo Bridge

4. Kaine Kessler

5. Viljami Sinisalo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â