Academy General Topic

smetrov

Three of those still only seventeen and Chukwuemeka is presumably still sixteen so they will be doing well to be involved next season. Jacob Ramsey might have a chance of being a squad regular though I guess, and not sure what's going on with Bidace, hopefully he signs a deal, going by the desciptions I've read of him and limited highlights, he seems like the kind of winger that we could do with, we've also got Archer and Vassilve who might see more game time as well.

Would be nice if we could build a succesful team with them all invovled.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Three of those still only seventeen and Chukwuemeka is presumably still sixteen so they will be doing well to be involved next season. Jacob Ramsey might have a chance of being a squad regular though I guess, and not sure what's going on with Bidace, hopefully he signs a deal, going by the desciptions I've read of him and limited highlights, he seems like the kind of winger that we could do with, we've also got Archer and Vassilve who might see more game time as well.

Would be nice if we could build a succesful team with them all invovled.

We very rarely give young players chances, even Grealish was 18 when he made his debut with us

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We very rarely give young players chances, even Grealish was 18 when he made his debut with us

He was 18 when he was sent on his short  term loan to County. When was the last time we loaned out anyone at 18 ?  Hopefully - and I think the policy will be so - we will start to loan out players at that age 

1 minute ago, SirSteveUK said:

He was 18 when he was sent on his short  term loan to County. When was the last time we loaned out anyone at 18 ?  Hopefully - and I think the policy will be so - we will start to loan out players at that age 

Jacob Ramsey?

I have been really enthused by what we are trying to do with our academy. It seems we have finally cottoned on to the fact that whatever we had been doing previously really wasn’t working. 

If we were to have two players come through our academy and do as well as El Ghazi and Trezeguet they'd probably be our two most succesful graduates in the last ten years besides Grealish.

• Like 3

How are we on defenders in the academy teams?

We seem to have a bunch of interesting midfielders and attacking oriented players but from the outside it looks like we are short on defenders who might be close to a call up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

We seem to have a bunch of interesting midfielders and attacking oriented players but from the outside it looks like we are short on defenders who might be close to a call up.

I asked @sir_gary_cahill this very question, got told that they are all absolutely wonderful and will go on to have great futures in the game.

👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I asked @sir_gary_cahill this very question, got told that they are all absolutely wonderful and will go on to have great futures in the game.

👍

don't be daft mate.

SGC didn't say they would have great futures, he said they would all be ballon dor winners and the central defenders would go on to score 50 bazillion goals from their high line sweeper striker roles.

:)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, sne said:

Dominic Revan and Jake Walker both have a chance I think, Revan is a 19 centre back, he’s been in the first team squad a few times, he’s class. Walker is a 19 year old right back, he played for our u23s as an u16, he’s out on loan, he’s currently out on loan at Banbury United, they both have a chance I think 

Mungo Bridge has been training with the first team and played in one of the warm up matches before the season resumed, so presumably he must be in the management's thoughts. Apparently AC Milan tried to sign him before he signed a professional deal with us.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, useless said:

Mungo Bridge has been training with the first team and played in one of the warm up matches before the season resumed, so presumably he must be in the management's thoughts. Apparently AC Milan tried to sign him before he signed a professional deal with us.

I think he’s excellent but then again, they all are :(

14 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Esah Suliman is starting games in the Portuguese Premiera Liga.

Didn't get chance here/make the grade, despite been hugely successful underage for England.

At 22 he still has a chance of a very successful career.

I was watching a Vitória Guimarães match a few weeks ago and he was on the bench there

Â