Academy General Topic

smetrov

kahrel Reddin, Tommi Oreilly, Taylor Hart, Dewain Sewall and presumably others have all signed their first scholarhip deals with the club today. I think they've all turned sixteen, so will I imagine be pushing for a place in the U18s next season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, useless said:

kahrel Reddin, Tommi Oreilly, Taylor Hart, Dewain Sewall and presumably others have all signed their first scholarhip deals with the club today. I think they've all turned sixteen, so will I imagine be pushing for a place in the U18s next season.

Nothing about Chukwuemeka?

I got those from their instagrams, Chukwuemeka hasn't posted anything on his, but he has congratulated all the others on their deals in the comments. I'm not sure whether he might be a bit older, so he might have already signed a scholarship deal.

• Thanks 1

We have the makings of a group that could have a really good run at the Youth Cup next season.

Kesler,  the Sohnas, Bridge, Barry, JPB, Chuck, Ramsey(s), Wright, there's a host of them that look decent and I think are eligible.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

We have the makings of a group that could have a really good run at the Youth Cup next season.

Kesler,  the Sohnas, Bridge, Barry, JPB, Chuck, Ramsey(s), Wright, there's a host of them that look decent and I think are eligible.

Jacob Ramsey is too old 

• Like 1

7 new scholars have signed scholarship forms with us, it’s on our OS. Frankie Ealing (defender), Taylor Jay-Hart (midfielder), Joshua Lane (goalkeeper), Tommi O’Reilly (winger), Kahrel Reddin (winger), Teddy Rowe (midfielder) and Dewain Sewell (striker) all begin scholarships with us from next season, anyone know anything about them?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've seen some very brief highlight clips of Reddin and Sewell, not much to go on but Reddin looks like a very skillful winger with lots of flamboyant tricks, he's already made two appearances for the U18s coming off the bench just before lockdown, Sewell also looks a very skillful player with good ball control and a good finisher, I don't think he's made his U18 debut yet, but he made the bench just before lockdown.

Frankie Ealing came from small heath but apparently switched to us because he lives nearer our training ground, he was a winger, so maybe him being listed as a defender means that he's converted to full-back. As of last Decemeber he was still only fifteen but again made the bench for the U18s shortly before the season was postponed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I've seen some very brief highlight clips of Reddin and Sewell, not much to go on but Reddin looks like a very skillful winger with lots of flamboyant tricks, he's already made two appearances for the U18s coming off the bench just before lockdown, Sewell also looks a very skillful player with good ball control and a good finisher, I don't think he's made his U18 debut yet, but he made the bench just before lockdown.

Frankie Ealing came from small heath but apparently switched to us because he lives nearer our training ground, he was a winger, so maybe him being listed as a defender means that he's converted to full-back. As of last Decemeber he was still only fifteen but again made the bench for the U18s shortly before the season was postponed.

Where did you see the highlights?

38 minutes ago, useless said:

Wow, them are the sort we need......With a burning desire to succeed.😀

can't wait to see him tearing down the flanks and terrorising defenders, with that sort of motivation.

sounds like another Mason Greenwood.

Edited by TRO

On their instagram stories, don't have a instagram login but was able to view them on a website that lets you watch them without a login, which I found by googling 'insta stories'.

Edited by useless

Here's a small article from the birmingham mail on Frankie Ealing, reading it back it's probably unfair to say that he joined us because he lives nearer to the training ground, that's just a coincidental thing... Pasted the whole article.

Dosthill footballer Frankie Ealing has landed a two-year scholarship deal at Aston Villa.

The 15-year-old, a right-side player, has been with Villa since he was six.

The Kingsbury High School pupil  will now work towards earning a professional deal with the Premier League side. 

Dad Antony said: “We are really chuffed for Frankie and very proud of him.

“He has kept his head down, grafted and got on with things and he’s got his reward.

“It’s nice that he has impressed people at Villa. He has done really well.

“He’s very lucky but he has really earned this and it’s good news for everyone.

“It’s an exciting time.”

Frankie started playing for Dosthill Colts before joining Birmingham City.

However, he switched to Villa where he has been based nearer to home at Bodymoor Heath.   

20 minutes ago, useless said:

Here's a small article from the birmingham mail on Frankie Ealing, reading it back it's probably unfair to say that he joined us because he lives nearer to the training ground, that's just a coincidental thing... Pasted the whole article.

Dosthill footballer Frankie Ealing has landed a two-year scholarship deal at Aston Villa.

The Kingsbury High School pupil  will now work towards earning a professional deal with the Premier League side. 

“He has kept his head down, grafted and got on with things and he’s got his reward.

“It’s an exciting time.”

However, he switched to Villa where he has been based nearer to home at Bodymoor Heath.   

I wish the kid well.

On 03/07/2020 at 19:52, useless said:

“It’s an exciting time.”

He has the name of a 65 year-old East End gangster 

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Surely Philogene-Bidace , Kesler , J  & A Ramsey ,Chukwuemeka and Barry will be given a chance in the championship next season 

Hopefully this season now that our fate is pretty much sealed

Â