Academy General Topic

smetrov

reports that man city have signed a 14 year old from us for £129k compensation, kane taylor, obviously never heard of him but I did like that the tag line came with one of the best teenagers in the country

that's 1 from us and 2 16 year olds from the baggies this summer for man city

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

reports that man city have signed a 14 year old from us for £129k compensation, kane taylor, obviously never heard of him but I did like that the tag line came with one of the best teenagers in the country

that's 1 from us and 2 16 year olds from the baggies this summer for man city

I’ve never heard of him either

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The compensation is a complete pisstake.  Why bother with developing English youths at all 

It appears the compensation for youth players covers the clubs costs in developing the player and is not intended to represent a profit for an uncontracted player who is free to move as they wish.

• Like 1

The should be an independent body looking into the move to ensure it is genuinely in the players interests and not just the buying clubs. (This applies as much to 14 year olds we sign from anywhere as it does to those poached from us). If we let him go then fair enough.

Edit: in retrospect this sounds like nanny state controlling free movement, 

Does the ability of larger clubs to suck up all the best 12-16 year old talent give the best return for those players? Any supporting evidence? How about national team performance based on youth academy setups across European leagues?

Edited by MrBlack

Somehow I can't blame these players.

I get they are young and very often it's their parents making the final call, but you work in technology and Google come asking you to work for them, you hardly say no.

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What if this was the next Grealish? 

He could be but in my opinion is that there is only one Jack Grealish, there is only one Kane Taylor. It might not even be true about Kane Taylor, it’s only the Telegraph that are reporting it 

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I just find it absurd the FA allow it. Surely they should want clubs to develop English youths 

I agree but there’s nothing we can do about it, there should be rules in place where there’s a minimum age of 18 or so that clubs can do business on a player 

So Kane Taylor is going to be slumming it for the Blue Noses in a few years time?  

Worked out well for Dan Cowley didnt it.

At that age the players develop at different rates and what is considered a top teenager now might not develop into a top player in the first team.  

1 minute ago, NIVillan said:

So Kane Taylor is going to be slumming it for the Blue Noses in a few years time?  

Worked out well for Dan Cowley didnt it.

At that age the players develop at different rates and what is considered a top teenager now might not develop into a top player in the first team.  

Who said that about Taylor?

Crowley seems to be doing well for Birmingham City now 

I agree with the last bit

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who said that about Taylor?

Crowley seems to be doing well for Birmingham City now 

I agree with the last bit

I said it as a comparison with Cowley.

Cowley doing well for Blues?  He has played one game.  Blues is not exactly the heights he thought he was going to get by going to Arsenal.

I think Kane going to City is more of a gamble than Cowley to be honest.  When Cowley moved Villa were a bit of a mess, successful Youth Team but bad at bringing them through to the first team.  Though moving to Arsenal he stood no chance with Wegner involved.

Look at Foden at Man City cant get a regular game.

At the moment the Southampton and Leicester would be best bet, but the way things are developing at Villa I would have stayed as if we are on the move back to the top getting in early could be the key.   

the problem is believing that he is moving in order to breakthrough at city's 1st team

in reality he's probably not, city have an academy set up now that would rival any in the world, they will pay youth team players more than we can, give them a better education than we can and then as the last 2/3 years have shown they are happy to cash in on youngsters in order to keep FFP going

he doesn't even have to be the next jadon Sancho, he can be the next rabbi matondo

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

I said it as a comparison with Cowley.

Cowley doing well for Blues?  He has played one game.  Blues is not exactly the heights he thought he was going to get by going to Arsenal.

I think Kane going to City is more of a gamble than Cowley to be honest.  When Cowley moved Villa were a bit of a mess, successful Youth Team but bad at bringing them through to the first team.  Though moving to Arsenal he stood no chance with Wegner involved.

Look at Foden at Man City cant get a regular game.

At the moment the Southampton and Leicester would be best bet, but the way things are developing at Villa I would have stayed as if we are on the move back to the top getting in early could be the key.   

Crowley has been doing well in pre season and the first league match, he can’t really do much more. He’s 22 now, he’s at an age where he needs regular games 

Â