Academy General Topic

smetrov

Watching the Wolves kids tonight and some promising youngsters performing in the cup for Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City etc, do we have any talented kids near to the first team? Ramsey and Archer the closest I suppose? 

Curious if we have another Grealish ready to step up?

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Watching the Wolves kids tonight and some promising youngsters performing in the cup for Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City etc, do we have any talented kids near to the first team? Ramsey and Archer the closest I suppose? 

Aaron Ramsey (Jacob’s brother) is a first year scholar and captain of England u17s, he’s a central midfielder. I saw him a few times for the u16s, he’s excellent. There’s Carney Chukwuemeka who is also a central midfielder who we signed from Northampton Town when he was 12 years old, he’s 16 now and has also played for England u17s

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2019 at 20:46, sir_gary_cahill said:

DJ Sturridge made his debut for our u18s as a sub, he is the cousin of Daniel

Man, how does one family produce so many footballers?!

• Like 1

On 30/10/2019 at 23:43, ferguson1 said:

A Gareth Barry would be nice too.

Villa youngster Aaron Ramsey played for England u17s last night against Czech Republic u17s at the home of Solihull Moors last night. If I had known about it, I would’ve gone. I saw him a couple of times for the u16s last season, he looked very good indeed, dynamic and quick, explosive in possession of the football. He’s an attacking central midfielder 

• Like 1

On 24/09/2019 at 23:56, MaVilla said:

Green is rubbish, he's 21 and can't even get in the Preston side, who are playing well of course.

If he can't even get in the Preston side he won't stand a chance here.

Unless we are in the championship next season :)

He hasn't made the grade has he, I'd be disappointed if we were to see him back at with us. Should be sold on in January be nice to get a couple of quid. Bets of luck to him but not good enough for us maybe a half decent league 1 player.

11 hours ago, zab6359 said:

He hasn't made the grade has he, I'd be disappointed if we were to see him back at with us. Should be sold on in January be nice to get a couple of quid. Bets of luck to him but not good enough for us maybe a half decent league 1 player.

I would be sad if he did move on, he had a lot of potential a couple of years ago but he just hasn’t progressed, he’s had a lot of injuries for one so young. He’s one that if we did let him go, we might regret it

Â