Academy General Topic

smetrov

On 24/06/2019 at 16:18, Unused Sub said:

The retained list is out. Not always accurate but looks like Suliman & Sarkic are still with us. Cox & Bazeley-Graham offered new deals.

Retained list

Why are mcCormack and Gardner on that list? Is that what ya meant by "not always accurate"?

Edited by rjw63

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Why are mcCormack and Gardner on that list? Is that what ya meant by "not always accurate"?

That list is registered players as of 18th May.

I always thought he looked a pretty decent player, but for some reason didn't get the same attention that some of the other youngers got, but he'll be twenty-two in a couple of months, so probably the right time for him to move on.

• Like 1

He's a strange one - he's quick, strong, he's got a final ball - but he's also strangely uncoordinated - his dribbling seems as much a surprise to him as his opponent. If he ever gets ut all under control he'll be a very decent player.

• Like 1

On 14/06/2019 at 18:24, cyrusr said:

Also noticed youth team entered into EFL Trophy: 

BBC Article

Anyone know the rules for this?

Is it U23s? or U21s?

Seems odd we've entered this tournament when we've released practically the whole team

Edited by Junxs
read the article, its U21s

7.7 For the Invited Clubs, a registered player is one who would be registered and eligible to participate in a Premier League and/or, subject to Rules 7.9 and 7.10, Premier League 2 match commencing at the same time and on the same date as the Match in accordance with the provisions of the relevant Premier League rules.

7.8 Each Invited Club must ensure that in each Match:

• (i) are aged 21 or over; and
  • (ii) have made 40 or more appearances in a First Team Fixture (either in the starting elven or as a playing substitute)

7.8.1 at least six of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced; and

7.8.2 no more than two players who:

in each case as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned, shall be named on the Team Sheet.

EFL Trophy

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

We've given a scholarship to Paul Appiah just released by Chelsea.

Where have you seen that? I saw him play once last season I think, he looked a more than decent centre back

Â