Academy General Topic

smetrov

I've been trying to keep track of the contract status of our playing squad since the start of the season getting most of the data from a Sky Sports article from when we were relegated from the Premier League.

The following players were listed but have been unable to find any details of whether they are under contract and for how long:

Brad Watkins
Viktor Johansson
Jordan Cox
Corey Blackett-Taylor
Khalid Abdo

Any idea @sir_gary_cahill?

9 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I've been trying to keep track of the contract status of our playing squad since the start of the season getting most of the data from a Sky Sports article from when we were relegated from the Premier League.

The following players were listed but have been unable to find any details of whether they are under contract and for how long:

Brad Watkins
Viktor Johansson
Jordan Cox
Corey Blackett-Taylor
Khalid Abdo

Brad Watkins was out of contract last season but looks to still be on the books so I'm assuming he was offered a new deal, or is just training with us until he finds somewhere new.

Abdo and Blackett have both been featured on Villa YouTube features recently and seem a big part of the set up, I'm pretty sure I remember hearing they are both signed on professional deals that don't run out this season.

Dont know anything about Johansson. Cox was mentioned on the last page, he's leaving. 

• Like 1

Also, the article listed the following players as scholars:

Mitchell Clark
Jack Clarke
Jack Coates
Jake Doyle Hayes
James Finnerty
Louis Hall
Jake Humprhies
Emmanuel Idem
Harvey Knibbs
Joe Linley (as per above leaving)
Jozef Pastorek
Alexander Prosser (Signed a pro deal)

Any contract info would be greatly appreciated :)

10 hours ago, Hornso said:

Brad Watkins
Viktor Johansson
Jordan Cox
Corey Blackett-Taylor
Khalid Abdo

Pretty sure Brad Watkins will be released, he's 22 years old now, seems like he's been around forever, he's very good but he needs games now, he's born Sep 1994

Victor Johansson will be kept on I'd have thought, he's very talented, born late 1998 I think, so he's just finished his scholarship 

Jordan Cox is 18 now, born late 1998, he's got great natural ability I'd expect him to be kept on, I'm a fan, he's just finished his scholarship 

Corey Blackett-Taylor- I'd expect him to be kept on now he's made first team debut. I rate him highly, he's got good ability

Khalid Adbo has got brilliant ability and great first touch but he's nearly 21 now, so I'd expect him to leave sadly but it would be a nice surprise if he was kept on

Mitchell Clark is already on a professional contract, he signed one when he turned 17, he's 18 now, he's a centre back by trade but is also great at right back. If he was a few inches taller, both Noel and I agree that he'd be in the first team 

10 hours ago, Hornso said:

Also, the article listed the following players as scholars:

Mitchell Clark
Jack Clarke
Jack Coates
Jake Doyle Hayes
James Finnerty
Louis Hall
Jake Humprhies
Emmanuel Idem
Harvey Knibbs
Joe Linley (as per above leaving)
Jozef Pastorek
Alexander Prosser (Signed a pro deal)

Any contract info would be greatly appreciated :)

Sadly, I'd expect Louis Hall, Jack Coates, Jake Humphries and probably Josef Pastorek (although he has looked good when I've seen him) to leave

If you hover over the player's name on this transfermarkt link you might get some of the contract info for your missing players.

Sample screen grab

21f9cd553f17a231f24bfe41d23a5b78.png

• Like 2

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think they are correct BOF, great work

For a relatively obscure website, they are remarkably comprehensive with the leagues they cover and the detail they go down to.  I think it's first and foremost a German site.

4 hours ago, BOF said:

For a relatively obscure website, they are remarkably comprehensive with the leagues they cover and the detail they go down to.  I think it's first and foremost a German site.

Thanks for the info :)

(sorry sgc, wrong thread!)
@sir_gary_cahill You get a lot of banter for your appraisals of our youth, but as someone who watches a lot of them and rates the quality of the players, I'm interested to know your opinion on why they don't seem to push on past making the first team squad to compete for a place? mental? lack of competitive game time? 

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:
(sorry sgc, wrong thread!)
@sir_gary_cahill You get a lot of banter for your appraisals of our youth, but as someone who watches a lot of them and rates the quality of the players, I'm interested to know your opinion on why they don't seem to push on past making the first team squad to compete for a place? mental? lack of competitive game time? 

I think a lot of it is connected to mental issues or not having it up so to speak. I know in the past, I have bigged young players up on here too much which hasn't helped. I think that the mental aspect is huge these days but unfortunately it is where a lot of young players fall short

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

:o Another surprising one. 

With a surname like Leggett, I wouldn't expect him to be around for long. 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

That's a shame, very good player indeed, how do you know that? I'm not doubting you, just curious, where has he gone?

Saw a picture on Facebook of his twitter/instagram saying he'd left.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Tom Leggett gone

On 27/04/2017 at 13:05, BOF said:

It doesn't appear as though Leggett has made any inroads at that position despite being 21 and ever-present for the U23s so there's a signing to be made.

B):D Called it !

Â