Johan Lange

hippo

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Lyon fans, VT'ers and YouTube hardly qualify as information.

Yeah ofc. Hundreds of hours of empirical data, reported by those who normally have a pretty invested opinion in keeping the best players around. Not information. Makes sense. 

Too many typos now. Bed beckons. What a shit ending to a good football weekend. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Pretty obvious, but if you intend to argue otherwise feel free. 

Oh go on then, why is it obvious?

Let me guess, because Cash and Watkins are English? - yep you've proved me wrong. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah ofc. Hundreds of hours of empirical data, reported by those who normally have a pretty invested in keeping the best players around. Not evidence. Makes sense. 

It's anecdotal evidence, which is next to useless. Football fans are thick as shit and slaves to their own biases.

If anybody is collecting hours of empirical data it would be the scouting team.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Pretty clear he doesn't have much to contribute with if Traore is what he suggests for securing our place in the PL.

Do we just forget about ALL the other signings and incoming signings to make our point more dramatic?

You realise that this doesn't actually make them disappear or fans forget them right?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Pretty obvious, but if you intend to argue otherwise feel free. 

It does not make any sense to split it up like that. Ultimately, one of them must be responsible for all transfers, it does not make sense to sometimes have Smith in charge and sometimes Lange. In recent announcements Villa has emphasized Dean Smith's role as a head coach, as well as stating in Lange's announcement that he only reports to Purslow. 

Of course no one will be brought in without talking to Smith, but I definitely think that Lange has been the guy with the final say on both Watkins and Cash.

I am personally not impressed with the Traore signing, but I don't think it is fair to categorize our signings into Lange vs. Smith.

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

After looking into 4 seasons before last Traore at centre forward has 1 goal in 2 games record many limited minutes games. If this is Lange pick in sense of fallen gun available at discount price could be good business

For me this is the exact reason I am appalled at the signing. It is not a discount price!!!! We paid minimum 2X what anyone would pay for him.  Again - I say this as a Lyon fan.  Lyon fans are all saying this is daylight robbery by their chairman.

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's anecdotal evidence, which is next to useless. Football fans are thick as shit and slaves to their own biases.

If anybody is collecting hours of empirical data it would be the scouting team.

Don't agree with that. He was given a job by his club, his performances then showed whether he was up for the task. His stats and performances then showed he's not. That's not anecdotal at all. 

9 hours ago, av1 said:

Oh go on then, why is it obvious?

Let me guess, because Cash and Watkins are English? - yep you've proved me wrong. 

It would be mental to think a manager that's spent most of his career in the same league as these players, been the manager that bought the player and coached him in the division, had the say in whether we bought this player. Yeah, it's not obvious at all. 

Now ofc. it's possible Smith or Terry was the key people trying to bring Traore in, but based on what we saw with Jesus it's likely our DOF has a key role in what foreigners we look to bring in. It's pretty likely in fact. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It would be mental to think a manager that's spent most of his career in the same league as these players, been the manager that bought the player and coached him in the division, had the say in whether we bought this player. Yeah, it's not obvious at all. 

Now ofc. it's possible Smith or Terry was the key people trying to bring Traore in, but based on what we saw with Jesus it's likely our DOF has a key role in what foreigners we look to bring in. It's pretty likely in fact. 

Wait, so it can't be Terry knowing him and vouching for him, or him being on the radar for a while, but it surely must be Lange's signing, who has zero connection to the player or Lyon. because he's foreign and we've had a foreign director before him?

Weird logic but then again you have to try overshadowing VillaLad's drivel somehow. 

I'd say the likeliest thing is that Lange has had very little impact on any of this summer's targets and signings. 

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

12 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Wait, so it can't be Terry knowing him and vouching for him, or him being on the radar for a while, but it surely must be Lange's signing, who has zero connection to the player or Lyon. because he's foreign and we've had a foreign director before him?

Weird logic but then again you have to try overshadowing VillaLad's drivel somehow. 

I'd say the likeliest thing is that Lange has had very little impact on any of this summer's targets and signings. 

Like I already stated it could be that, but I think it's more likely the new guy we brought in will get his say on some signings as it's a part of his job. Thus I think it's more likely scenario I put forward. 

I like how you can't help yourself with digs like the bolded bit though. Impressive arguementative technique. 

10 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

And it's not even an iffy signing on paper, it's a player who has performed for a team playing in the Champions League over the last three years, but perhaps wasn't his at his best the last season.

Ducking stool proves he is a witch, burn him

Â