Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

My opinion is they should spread the 300m parachute  payments. Spread two of the parachute payments between three relegated teams and give one set of parachute payments between the EFL. Then the remaining  PL clubs gives 10% of their league winning position money.

I wish they stop saying this is a premier league proposal. It is a power grab by Man U and Liverpool aided by former Liverpool CEO Rick bloody Parry. I have not seen any other Premier League come out and support this utter garbage proposal. It won't get voted through, certainly in this make up. I suspect it will get kicked down the road, but the Premier League giving a one off solidarity payment to the efl.

I think the 14 clubs outside 'The big six' should implement there own initiative.

Operation Bigger picture:

A cap on Transfer spend -max 150 mill

Wage cap -  TBD

Anything else which negates the extra income from being big plastic clubs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Would be interested to hear our club's take on this. 

A lot of people would - there are a few clubs who are notably very silent.

I'd hope that's because they're preparing a collective response, but I'm not keen on the quiet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

A lot of people would - there are a few clubs who are notably very silent.

I'd hope that's because they're preparing a collective response, but I'm not keen on the quiet.

I think they are currently in negotiation with the Big 6. Liverpool and ManU going public and getting EFL support was a way to force the Other 14 to the negotiation table. 

I find it utterly disgraceful. The sick thing is that they are using the EFL £250m ‘bailout’ as a cover for their blatant power grab. It’s clever in that the big 6 support, along with all the EFL and will get some positive reaction due to the ‘bailout’, however for many proper football clubs like ourselves it is trying to push us down and keep all the power for themselves. It is terrible for the future of the English game and I pray that this gets batted away as it rightly should. Also the ‘super-squad’ proposal where they can have 15 players out on loan us just utterly vile... it’s probably the worst part of the suggestion.

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

What happens if either get relegated this year, does the power switch zgain?

yeah it goes to the next team then who I think is Palace, we are about 16th on the food chain

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If villa were one of the 9 clubs, do you think villa fans would be more for it? I think purslow would

I think Purslow definitely would be keen but I dont think Edens would if honest. Part of me thinks thats not his style

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Seriously, the Other 14 have a simple question that still hasn't been answered.  What's in it for us?  Why would any club outside the Big 6 vote for this. 

20201013_162434.jpg

You get the privilege of sharing a league with these titans of world sport so your pathetic teams fans get a glimpse of a big club. 

Henry & glazers should be thrown out for bringing the game into disrepute 

• Like 4

Â