Pre match

Demitri_C

Smith will need to pull a helluva rabbit out of the hat to get anything but a humbling here. 

And unfortunately the rabbit has myxomatosis, the audience is filled with rabid wolves and Smith doesn't have a hat.

• Haha 2

Anyone else just feeling completely despondent?!  I think maybe 36 points will be about enough but we just cannot score.

Normally the annoying optimist but cannot see it happening.

Liverpool's hangover will have worn off and they will be eager to right the wrongs from the City game, Klopp was very animated post-match on Thursday.

Predictions from me:

Liverpool 3-0 L

Man United 1-3 L

Palace 1-0 W

Everton 2-0 L

Arsenal 1-1 D

West Ham 2-1 L

Would love to be proved wrong! Louie Barry looks a real player for the future but I don't think this is the right time for him to a shine plus this could kill his confidence!

UTV!

Danny 

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Smith will need to pull a helluva rabbit out of the hat to get anything but a humbling here. 

And unfortunately the rabbit has myxomatosis, the audience is filled with rabid wolves and Smith doesn't have a hat.

Easy to make a hat, just use the skin of the wolves 😋

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, Danny B said:

Anyone else just feeling completely despondent?!  I think maybe 36 points will be about enough but we just cannot score.

Normally the annoying optimist but cannot see it happening.

Liverpool's hangover will have worn off and they will be eager to right the wrongs from the City game, Klopp was very animated post-match on Thursday.

Predictions from me:

Liverpool 3-0 L

Man United 1-3 L

Palace 1-0 W

Everton 2-0 L

Arsenal 1-1 D

West Ham 2-1 L

Would love to be proved wrong! Louie Barry looks a real player for the future but I don't think this is the right time for him to a shine plus this could kill his confidence!

UTV!

Danny 

Barry will be right,  a young player at his age given the run against the pool, he should see it as a chance to tell other let downs that now is his time so move on out the way and it's time for me to show you how it's done like you should have been showing us young ones all season.

If I were Barry I would go out there with something and everything to prove with only one goal in mind, destroy Liverpool and claim his place above those who have let the club down.

In reality he can not be any worse than those who have played before him in his position right??

20 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Barry will be right,  a young player at his age given the run against the pool, he should see it as a chance to tell other let downs that now is his time so move on out the way and it's time for me to show you how it's done like you should have been showing us young ones all season.

If I were Barry I would go out there with something and everything to prove with only one goal in mind, destroy Liverpool and claim his place above those who have let the club down.

In reality he can not be any worse than those who have played before him in his position right??

He will be hungry no doubt which is not a bad thing but and this is a big but he would be up against the likes of VVD & Henderson. I agree Samatta and Davis haven't been blowing us away but Samatta has experience in the Champions League and Keinan is a big strong lad. I've been disappointed with Samatta since the break, he looked a real threat beforehand.

I’d mix it up tomorrow with personnel. 

...................Reina 

Giulbert.Konsa.Mings.Hause

....McGinn.Luiz.Drinkwater

................Grealish

...........Samatta.Davis

Obviously Targett can’t play so would put Hause as LB ahead of Taylor 

• Like 1

It’s very rare for a team to get less than 20% possession in a PL match. It’s only happened a handful of times. I think we have a big chance of joining that exclusive few tomorrow!

40 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It’s very rare for a team to get less than 20% possession in a PL match. It’s only happened a handful of times. I think we have a big chance of joining that exclusive few tomorrow!

I remember we won against Southampton with 17% possession under Lambert, Snake scored a belter If I remember correctly 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jim said:

Hopefully we never seen Nyland anywhere near the first team again. 

Who would you go for? I still think Nyland is our best option until Tom returns 

• Like 1

i would go...

Steer

Fred        hause          mings         taylor

Luiz

Elmo         mcginn       grealish

Ghazi          samatta

Cant be left exposed at the back. Taylor is better defensively. Elmo and ghazi for crosses. 

Realistically though, dont think it matters.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Who would you go for? I still think Nyland is our best option until Tom returns 

Reina all day long. Much more assured despite his odd rush of blood. 

Other than the Leicester game he has done fine, especially when you consider the amount of shots we were conceding. 

7 minutes ago, jim said:

Reina all day long. Much more assured despite his odd rush of blood. 

Other than the Leicester game he has done fine, especially when you consider the amount of shots we were conceding. 

He was certainly a great keeper. One of my favourite ever. He just looks a bit sluggish to me now. Also against Liverpool he would probably throw a few in

Just had a bet on Villa to win! On line betting is effing lethal! A few drinks on a Saturday night and I can wake up in Sunday morning a fair few pounds lighter and not in a good way!

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I remember we won against Southampton with 17% possession under Lambert, Snake scored a belter If I remember correctly 

I had literally forgotten about Snake. Had to Google him to see what he was up to.  Didn't even know he was at Everton

• Haha 1