Pre match

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

The closer the game gets, the more i feel like we might get something from this.

Doesn't make sense, just a feeling...

On paper it’s a nailed on loss, but anything can happen (although probably won’t) so I hope the players are buoyed by that lack of expectation for once. 

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Senderos, Baker, Cissokho, Richardson.

Look at all these crap players and Lambert somehow managed to win at Anfield.

You need to give us a big scalp today Dean.

Different Liverpool team then to the proposition we face now. 

The Liverpool team we face today has won EVERY SINGLE league home game this season. 

5 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Different Liverpool team then to the proposition we face now. 

The Liverpool team we face today has won EVERY SINGLE league home game this season. 

Different Liverpool team. But still a strong team.

We could really do with an unexpected result and a big scalp. Cuz there's been none so far.

I don't expect anything today but we've not beaten a single top side this season which is pretty dissapointing, all the other clubs down there have managed at least one and it could be the difference between staying up and going down. 

5 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I don't expect anything today but we've not beaten a single top side this season which is pretty dissapointing, all the other clubs down there have managed at least one and it could be the difference between staying up and going down. 

That's why Lambert managed to keep us afloat for 2 seasons.

He always managed to get some big scalps. Some good memories against Liverpool and Chelsea.

3-2 win against Citeh with Weimann scoring the winner sticks out the most.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

That's why Lambert managed to keep us afloat for 2 seasons.

He always managed to get some big scalps. Some good memories against Liverpool and Chelsea.

3-2 win against Citeh with Weimann scoring the winner sticks out the most.

Spot on. You need a couple of unexpected results, as you won't beat all the teams around you. This season: we shouldn't be relying on points vs United or LFC, but that's what happens if Bournemouth and Southampton do the double over you...

1 minute ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Spot on. You need a couple of unexpected results, as you won't beat all the teams around you. This season: we shouldn't be relying on points vs United or LFC, but that's what happens if Bournemouth and Southampton do the double over you...

I'm still struggling coming to terms with Bournemouth doing the double over us. They are such a crap team

I can see one of two scenarios.

First is they’ll have had the talk of “we embarrassed ourselves a little against City, let’s show everyone why we are champions”. Also there is the motivation of potentially breaking some records.

Second is he’ll play some second string Origi, Minamino etc and a few kids alongside a core of 1st teamers.

Either way I can’t see us not getting beaten comfortably.