Corona Summer holidays - Inspire me

KenjiOgiwara

6 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Nope. Closed 🤣

I’ve taken solace in a triple whopper from the onsite Burger King.

Pub was open for us, just had to book a table on the app. Hopefully the weather will pick up for you tomorrow. 

Went to Ludlow the other day with the other half and kids... Mainly to walk the dog and explore new areas with the kids, loads of tourists around. Heard many different accents and when we went to the town centre, it was very busy. I got us all some lunch so we found somewhere a bit quieter and ate. (Local knowledge helps)

Making an, usually, nice little trip a bit more stressful the amount of tourists around and NONE wearing masks. 

On 30/07/2020 at 14:14, Seat68 said:

Nice enough place but not a destination. Ideally placed for the coast though. 

It was bloody lovely by the way. Agree Spilsby isn’t big enough or interesting enough to be a destination in itself, but as a place to base yourself to explore the area it was great. 

Cottage we found ended up being brilliant too. Had acres of lands and 3 lakes in the grounds. Why on Earth they rent it out at £150 a night when it sleeps 5 is beyond me!

We did decide to drive through (emphasis on the THROUGH) Skegness while we were up that way. Wow. 

18 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Double Entry. 

The WiFi/phone signal is so bad I can’t even paste a Kenneth Williams gif. 

You're welcome 

images (5).jpeg

• Haha 1

On 30/07/2020 at 09:54, Stevo985 said:

Disappointed to not be heading to the motherland but I'll make up for it hopefully

It's that "late night phone call" that i dread from back "home", knowing i have about 3 days max to book flights, dig out my funeral suit and bring enough euros for the wake puts me on edge.

They don't mess around burying their loved ones, over.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Just back from North  Wales , visited Portmerion in a hurricane ! Climbed Snowdon in the sunshine and got drenched in Llandudno ... finished off with a trip to Liverpool and a Beatles drive by and the Albert docks museum thingy .

it wasn’t Iceland , but all in all it was an enjoyable 4 days , even the shit traffic in Liverpool couldn’t ruin it .

i’d def visit Wales again , if it wasn’t for the Welsh it would be a fantastic  place 😛

Hope you brought @bickster a nice souvenir 😉

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Should be flying to Maspalomas GC in 6 hours until next Sunday. Not a clue what to do. getting out no problem 

But getting back who knows, Do  I cancel and lose my money, go and worry how we are getting back, not a bloody clue 

Edited by Robtaylor200

4 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Should be flying to Maspalomas GC in 6 hours until next Sunday. Not a clue what to do. getting out no problem 

But getting back who knows, Do  I cancel and lose my money, go and worry how we are getting back, not a bloody clue 

Read some stuff, coming back u should be ok from most but not all destinations

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 01/11/2020 at 07:27, tinker said:

Read some stuff, coming back u should be ok from most but not all destinations

Nought posted on here lately. I did get my full week in at Playa de Ingles and flew back at expected time on a less than half full Jet 2 plane.

But OH dear half places shut. So sorry for every one in the industry that make our holidays so good. from hotel workers to waiters in cafes and bars taxi drivers etc etc Me talking about holidays and them wondering when they will work again 

Looked at holidays in UK and are often more money than going abroad for me and Mrs T

Was going to GC again in April, just transferred it to Majorca Santa Ponsa Sun beach hotel September never been there   

has any one been there ?

Edited by Robtaylor200

23 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Why anyone would book a holiday abroad at the moment is beyond me until 2022. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. Don’t get it myself. 

Holiday companies are offering full flexibility to move or get full refund if it doesn’t go ahead.
A lot of people had foreign holidays last year and by July/August this year we should be in a better situation than last Summer. I can see a lot of them happening if cases are low and the government has to decide between keeping them afloat or letting them operate.

Some people want something to look forward to on the off chance that things straighten up quickly. I don’t see the problem.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Why anyone would book a holiday abroad at the moment is beyond me until 2022. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. Don’t get it myself. 

Because the thought of putting your life totally on hold for 2 **** years is depressing beyond belief. It's a significant % of your active years.

• Like 1

If we see some good evidence that the vaccine is working I’ll be tempted to grab a summer holiday abroad (safe in the knowledge I’ve only paid a deposit and I can move it to next year if I don’t fancy it when it comes round).

• Like 1

The virus is shit, but at the end of the day, you cannot expect healthy people at low risk to pause their lives for 2 years. It is a complete absurdity there isn't a clear path out of lockdown already to be honest. 

• Like 2

Â