Corona Summer holidays - Inspire me

KenjiOgiwara

Just had five days at our static van in Mid Wales, it really is another world out there. The site is just vans, nicely spaced(not like dominos), no pub, no shop, no pool. Just countryside and clean air.

Didn't want to come home...when we did some word removed has once again fly tipped a load of crap by the garages.

rocket polishers.

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 4

On 23/07/2020 at 17:17, Xela said:

I stopped in Brancaster and Thornham. Lovely part of the world. Went to Cley, Wells, Stiffkey and a few other little villages on my travels

It has it all - quiet roads (well, when I was there), quiet beaches and windmills. 

spacer.png

• Haha 3

Having to swap the long haul flights to far off places this year (the two weeks pre-pandemic Sri Lanka trip aside). Me and the wife had a nice few days up in Northumberland around Lindisfarne way. Some beautiful places to wander around, Bamburgh Castle, Seahouses and Holy Island. Plenty of castles up there, some stunning beaches and some nice boat trips to Farne Islands to see the seals and puffins etc... Felt nice to do something in the UK for a change. 

Next up is Scotland with the whole family, a cottage with a hot tub somewhere near Navidale. It’s the back of beyond but that’s the appeal, kick back and switch off from the world. Plenty of walking, plenty of laughs and a few trips out to see what’s around. John O’Groats is only an hour’s drive away, I don’t expect there’s much there past a sign explaining you’re at the most northern point, but you’ve got to do it, haven’t you. 

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Having to swap the long haul flights to far off places this year (the two weeks pre-pandemic Sri Lanka trip aside). Me and the wife had a nice few days up in Northumberland around Lindisfarne way. Some beautiful places to wander around, Bamburgh Castle, Seahouses and Holy Island. Plenty of castles up there, some stunning beaches and some nice boat trips to Farne Islands to see the seals and puffins etc... Felt nice to do something in the UK for a change. 

Next up is Scotland with the whole family, a cottage with a hot tub somewhere near Navidale. It’s the back of beyond but that’s the appeal, kick back and switch off from the world. Plenty of walking, plenty of laughs and a few trips out to see what’s around. John O’Groats is only an hour’s drive away, I don’t expect there’s much there past a sign explaining you’re at the most northern point, but you’ve got to do it, haven’t you. 

I have close family up in Seahouses and was considering it for October, instead going to New Quay North Wales.  

44 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have close family up in Seahouses and was considering it for October, instead going to New Quay North Wales.  

It does make a nice change to North Wales, I’ve been to Wales enough times to last me a lifetime. Seahouses and that area is nice, but we both said that four days was enough as you can run out of things to go and see. If you don’t mind a bit of a drive around when you’re there, it’s decent. 

• Like 1

I'm staying with family on the midcoast of Maine for the summer. Went swimming the other day, the same day a great white shark killed a woman about 30 miles south of where I am. Not going swimming for a while. First recorded shark attack death in Maine.

My Ireland trip is off.

Family over there made it very clear that English and Americans are not particularly welcome at the moment.
Couldn't be arsed with the hassle in the end. So we're cancelling and going to a couple of places in the UK instead.

Lincolnshire next weekend. Rented a cottage in Spilsby with my family.
Then heading down to Cornwall for a few days the week after. A nice cottage in Newlyn with the OH.

Disappointed to not be heading to the motherland but I'll make up for it hopefully

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My Ireland trip is off.

Family over there made it very clear that English and Americans are not particularly welcome at the moment.
Couldn't be arsed with the hassle in the end. So we're cancelling and going to a couple of places in the UK instead.

Lincolnshire next weekend. Rented a cottage in Spilsby with my family.
Then heading down to Cornwall for a few days the week after. A nice cottage in Newlyn with the OH.

Disappointed to not be heading to the motherland but I'll make up for it hopefully

Must admit after living in that neck of the woods for many years, I couldn’t see myself having a weekend in Spilsby. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Must admit after living in that neck of the woods for many years, I couldn’t see myself having a weekend in Spilsby. 

Hahaha it’s just a base to be honest. Booking somewhere at that notice on everybody’s budget is slim pickings indeed!

We’ll be heading out to the coast and the countryside every day I imagine

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hahaha it’s just a base to be honest. Booking somewhere at that notice on everybody’s budget is slim pickings indeed!

We’ll be heading out to the coast and the countryside every day I imagine

Nice enough place but not a destination. Ideally placed for the coast though. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm staying with family on the midcoast of Maine for the summer. Went swimming the other day, the same day a great white shark killed a woman about 30 miles south of where I am. Not going swimming for a while. First recorded shark attack death in Maine.

Welcome to 2020

There will be a T-Rex attack in Vermont next. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/07/2020 at 11:37, wazzap24 said:

My Mrs has just booked 3 days on a Haven site somewhere. 

FML. 

Just arrived for my *highly anticipated* bank holiday break. 

The photo doesn’t quite capture the bleakness of the 50mph winds and lashing rain. 

Security on the front gate were welcoming though. 

0A6D1D76-18F9-49BE-B456-21DA8DE23AD2.jpeg

BA408D8C-67B2-4D04-9965-778918CB0441.jpeg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Just arrived for my *highly anticipated* bank holiday break. 

The photo doesn’t quite capture the bleakness of the 50mph winds and lashing rain. 

Security on the front gate were welcoming though. 

0A6D1D76-18F9-49BE-B456-21DA8DE23AD2.jpeg

BA408D8C-67B2-4D04-9965-778918CB0441.jpeg

Bad times.

We went to the Haven site at Burnham on Sea for my lads birthday weekend (7-10 Aug) and had a really great weekend. Weather was beautiful and we all had a brilliant time. 

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Bad times.

We went to the Haven site at Burnham on Sea for my lads birthday weekend (7-10 Aug) and had a really great weekend. Weather was beautiful and we all had a brilliant time. 

223FF232-424B-4F4E-9779-45FFD631C827.png

😉

Edited by wazzap24
  • Haha 2

Just back from North  Wales , visited Portmerion in a hurricane ! Climbed Snowdon in the sunshine and got drenched in Llandudno ... finished off with a trip to Liverpool and a Beatles drive by and the Albert docks museum thingy .

it wasn’t Iceland , but all in all it was an enjoyable 4 days , even the shit traffic in Liverpool couldn’t ruin it .

i’d def visit Wales again , if it wasn’t for the Welsh it would be a fantastic  place 😛

• Haha 1

Â