Corona Summer holidays - Inspire me

KenjiOgiwara

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Question for you. In West Brom there is a Polish shop called Mops and it has a picture of a pug as part of the sign. Is there a link between these things?

Polish for Pug :) 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I really liked Zion, but I think that was Utah 

Yes Zion is in Utah. People usually do Zion and Bryce Canyon as they are pretty close together. State Road 12 between Bryce and Boulder Utah often vies with Pacific Coastal Highway 1 (north of LA) for most scenic road in the US.

I also had the finest beef burger of my life in a tiny restaurant in Boulder. There are actual real cowboys in that part of the world that still ranch, and you can sit and watch them bring the herds in as the sun sets.

• 4 weeks later...

Can any Irish VTers help me out? @Zatman @Enda @BOF etc?

I'm due to go to Cork 2 weeks on Friday (7th Aug). We're driving over and getting the ferry so we can get a cabin and stay away from as many people as possible.

However my family tell me Ireland is tightening restrictions up again.
What's the deal? Are we allowed in?

Seems it might be that people coming in need to quarantine for 2 weeks which means it's not worth us coming.

I deliberately did a flexible booking so I can cancel it in this exact scenario, just struggling to get concrete information as to whether we're allowed to go or not

Edited by Stevo985

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Can any Irish VTers help me out? @Zatman @Enda @BOF etc?

I'm due to go to Cork 2 weeks on Friday (7th Aug). We're driving over and getting the ferry so we can get a cabin and stay away from as many people as possible.

However my family tell me Ireland is tightening restrictions up again.
What's the deal? Are we allowed in?

Seems it might be that people coming in need to quarantine for 2 weeks which means it's not worth us coming.

I deliberately did a flexible booking so I can cancel it if necessary, just struggling to get concrete information as to whether we're allowed to go or not

At the moment the government are meeting to set up a green list of countries to visit, they were supposed to this over a month ago when other EU countries did this but they had a new government come in and they are a bunch of clowns. They should have the list signed off by the end of the week and they have said UK might be included on it but the US definitely wont. I think in my view the UK will be on the Green list as too much money at stake

To prove how stupid they are they have already announced US will be banned but a lot of American flights have landed in the last couple of weeks and apparently a lot of them are travelling the West of Ireland 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Zatman said:

At the moment the government are meeting to set up a green list of countries to visit, they were supposed to this over a month ago when other EU countries did this but they had a new government come in and they are a bunch of clowns. They should have the list signed off by the end of the week and they have said UK might be included on it but the US definitely wont. I think in my view the UK will be on the Green list as too much money at stake

To prove how stupid they are they have already announced US will be banned but a lot of American flights have landed in the last couple of weeks and apparently a lot of them are travelling the West of Ireland 

Thanks!

Yeah my family have said that about the Americans. Not that they have anything against Americans usually, but they're saying it's mad that they're getting bus loads of texans wandering around the place.

I kinda got the impression that if we weren't on that green list then we probably COULD go, but everyone would hate us for being there. And it wouldn't be the right thing to do.

Hoping UK is on that list. You reckon that will be published this week?

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I kinda got the impression that if we weren't on that green list then we probably COULD go, but everyone would hate us for being there. And it wouldn't be the right thing to do.

Hoping UK is on that list. You reckon that will be published this week?

They were finally meeting tonight as they had to wait for the EU summit to be over. People are getting a bit agitated by all the delays about it so they need come up with something soon

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

If you need some tips for Weymouth, let me know, been a while since i was back, but spent 20 years growing up thar!

Cheers Dom. Went last year so a lot of revisiting. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enda said:

Yeah Steve you’ll be fine. Your bigger concern should be spending two weeks in Cork.

Cracking golf course

Edited by Follyfoot

6 hours ago, Enda said:

Yeah Steve you’ll be fine. Your bigger concern should be spending two weeks in Cork.

The government have published the list and its only 15 countries with no UK, France, Germany, Spain on it but Gibraltar, Monaco and Greenland is if you fancy a trip 🙄

On 25/06/2020 at 11:54, cyrusr said:

Was suppose to be going to Florida for Honeymoon in September/October, however had to postpone wedding (was meant to be last weekend) and so getting that moved. Virgin Holidays are being a nightmare and not responding yet... Very poor reviews on how they are dealing with all of the cancellations/rearrangements. Luckily only paid deposit and not the full whack. Best advice? Don't book with Virgin! 

Yeah had to cancel mine too. Was meant to go vegas in September i am basically screwed as i have no intention of going so will lose my flight if virgin dont cancel it.

Called company said cant change until closer to time unless it gets cancelled 

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah had to cancel mine too. Was meant to go vegas in September i am basically screwed as i have no intention of going so will lose my flight if virgin dont cancel it.

Called company said cant change until closer to time unless it gets cancelled 

You managed to get through? That’s a surprise! They are meant to be rearranging for “free” but they have been utterly useless. Still not responding so we are resigned to losing deposit. We are past the date for paying the balance (which we didn’t pay, obviously), if they want their money, they are actually going to need to speak to us. Absolute farce.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

The government have published the list and its only 15 countries with no UK, France, Germany, Spain on it but Gibraltar, Monaco and Greenland is if you fancy a trip 🙄

Do you think it's a no go then?

33 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

You managed to get through? That’s a surprise! They are meant to be rearranging for “free” but they have been utterly useless. Still not responding so we are resigned to losing deposit. We are past the date for paying the balance (which we didn’t pay, obviously), if they want their money, they are actually going to need to speak to us. Absolute farce.

We went through a third party company who are just as useless as getting a hold of. If you are not getting a reply complain on their social media like i did with opodo for flughts to greece that got cancelled. They got back to me pretty quickly surprisingly after that...

Im off to cyprus in September. The Cypriots are only alloung you in if you do a test 72hrs before and it hasnt to be a certificate they wont accept a text annoyingly.

Anyone know whether you can get anything in writing? Been looking online and it does not say anything about that

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Which one?

Royal Cork, you drive over the sea (Lough Mahon) on one of the holes and if the wind is in your face even the longer hitters struggle to carry it

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Thanks 1

Â