Pre-Match Thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Hopefully. Fears of a 442 here.

Absolutely right people saying Newcastle was the game for it ffs.

Wolves are incredible at shifting the ball left and right and we've given them a narrow midfield to do it against.

Why we haven't tried 352 all season I'll never know.

Didn't we do that for a couple of games around January or something?

From memory it didn't pan out.

• Like 1

Wouldnt it be nice if we just clicked out of nowhere and didnt spend 90 mins chasing shadows and pumping it back up to a defence camped on the halfway line. Samatta and Davis can at least hold up play quite well, Conor & Doug are going to have to get up and down a lot. Its something different which is pleasing, lets see how it plays out. Hurry up and get fit Freddie

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Looks very much like a diamond - Nakamba at the base, Jack at the tip. I can understand it given our wingers have been egregious, but it's a system that relies on the full backs to provide the attacking width. Not sure Konsa in particular can do this. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

it goes like this     Davis up front on his own, Jack on the wing. Go 2:0 down.    Jack in the middle, throw two strikers up front, looking really good pressing hard TOO LATE  

But I hope i am wrong and we beat a top team for the first time this season

Selection wrong, Hope I have the score wrong too 

Just now, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Hutton being good in that Playoff semi final is one of the biggest myths going! He needed 3 players helping him at all times and still got run ragged, albeit Traore thankfully didn't score/create a goal.

He needed help, but Hutton did very well. 

He did it in previous games as well I believe. 

Just now, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Hutton being good in that Playoff semi final is one of the biggest myths going! He needed 3 players helping him at all times and still got run ragged, albeit Traore thankfully didn't score/create a goal.

You got to be joking Hutton was sensational against traore

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Didn't we do that for a couple of games around January or something?

From memory it didn't pan out.

I recall us playing it with El Ghazi up front but I may be wrong. It might be a different story with Samatta/Davis.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

We should have given hutton a one game contract for this game

Hutton did a great job of marking him out of the game in the playoff semi final, but Adama’s improved somewhat since then. Even hutts would struggle to contain that power and speed now.

A good attack minded line up. This is a must win. No wiggle room. I'd like to see Jack actually stay in the hole behind the front 2. His positional sense is one of the very few weaknesses in his game. He drifts everywhere, out left, back into his own half. I understand he needs to do this with us but he won't get away with playing like that at United. Just sit and see what happens.