Pre-Match Thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

alreadyexists

Just now, DCJonah said:

The only man I've seen have adama in his back pocket

Adama is/was his own biggest enemy. Hutton managing it is a one in a 100.

About like when Mikael Lustig had C Ronaldo in his pocket for Sweden against Portugal. (no other comparisons made :D )

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Didn't we do that for a couple of games around January or something?

From memory it didn't pan out.

This is the first time all season we haven't played three across the front.

• Like 1

I think it will just be the normal 433 with Davis on the right, he played there in a friendly in the summer and played really well. Also Grealish on the left hand side, might mean that Adama has to track back more so than he would if we were playing with anyone else there.

It won't be 442. Grealish and Davis will play wide. I'm not too bothered by this - I am just glad Ghazi and Trez are not on the pitch. Trez especially is absolutely hopeless. McGinn for Hourihane when he tires. 

Just noticed that Adama isn't starting for Wolves.On paper their team looks quite defensive, you've got the back five, then the midfield three of Moutinho, Neves and Dendoncker, none of whom are really attacking midfielder, plus Jimenez and Jota up front.

1 hour ago, MadridVilla said:

Quote from the wolves forum which is absolutely priceless:

"I don’t just want to win this, I want to destroy them. I want to make them question their existence as a football club. I want to see Grealish on the field sobbing at the end, announcing he’s retiring from the game. I want to see Mings packaging up his England caps and sending them back to the FA because he never really deserved them. I want to see the history books edited to remove them from any records. I want to listen to dead air on WM because Franksy and Rego are speechless and end the show after an hour without a single word. I want hoardings put up around Villa Park and the doors boarded up because it’s never going to be in use again. I want Jade’s boyfriend to only talk about golf because he was never really into football anyway. I want Birmingham to be a one team city and Blues local derby to be with Solihull Moors. I never want to have to play them again after this and hear from their fans again.

2-1 Wolves."

2-1 is hardly destroying us, Prat!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, useless said:

Just noticed that Adama isn't starting for Wolves.On paper their team looks quite defensive, you've got the back five, then the midfield three of Moutinho, Neves and Dendoncker, none of whom are really attacking midfielder, plus Jimenez and Jota up front.

Got them running scared already

• Like 1

The BBC think it will be Hourihane on the left side of midfield and Luis on the right side. Out of those two and the full-backs, I wonder if we'll get better running down the wings and crossing today than from El Ghazi and Trez.

Will be a tough game regardless, but I am extremely happy with that team and Smith has made the right calls for me, both wingers dropped for not performing and to be fair McGinn has looked goosed.

We might lose 0-3 but least he's trying something different. Come on you Villllla boys! 

The BBC are wrong, it will be Hourihane, Luiz and Nakamaba in central midfielder, Samatta playing through the middle with Grealish and Davis on either side of him. Basiclly our normal 433 system, we aren't going to try something radically different at this stage, it's not the time for experimenting.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, useless said:

I think it will just be the normal 433 with Davis on the right, he played there in a friendly in the summer and played really well. Also Grealish on the left hand side, might mean that Adama has to track back more so than he would if we were playing with anyone else there.

Absolutely no chance. Davis plays as a striker today.

1 minute ago, useless said:

The BBC are wrong, it will be Hourihane, Luiz and Nakamaba in central midfielder, Samatta playing through the middle with Grealish and Davis on either side of him. Basiclly our normal 433 system, we aren't going to try something radically different at this stage, it's not the time for experimenting.

I think Samatta will play wide with Davis through the middle. His hold up play and ability to bring others into the game is his major strength. To be honest, they will most likely alternate.