Pre-Match Thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

alreadyexists

I’m expecting a 0-3 loss, sadly. However I always hope that we’ll improve and get a result, god knows we could do with it. 

I’m also expecting that if Wolves haven’t scored and we’re not doing much, that BT sport will just cut to clips of Liverpool scoring goals and celebrating. And after 5 mins max, of post game analysis, we’ll be hearing from Jurgen Klopp :rant:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4-5-1 and don’t over commit going forward. 2 DMs, Luiz & Nakamba. Grealish, ElGhazi, and McGinn the other Midfield 3. ElGhazi and Grealish the wider of the midfielders, swapping positions. Davis up top. McGinn to try and get closer to Davis when we have the ball. Same back 4 & GK as per previous games. 
This is a game that the realistic amongst us don’t expect anything from. Don’t allow space behind, 2 nice lines of 4 when defending but instruct Davis to remain in their CBs for the outball, McGinn to be watching Davis and ready to receive from Davis. Wolves are good, mostly dangerous on the counter, but effective when on the ball lots too. Hause will need to play a faultless game against Jimenez. 

2 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

4-5-1 and don’t over commit going forward. 2 DMs, Luiz & Nakamba. Grealish, ElGhazi, and McGinn the other Midfield 3. ElGhazi and Grealish the wider of the midfielders, swapping positions. Davis up top. McGinn to try and get closer to Davis when we have the ball. Same back 4 & GK as per previous games. 
This is a game that the realistic amongst us don’t expect anything from. Don’t allow space behind, 2 nice lines of 4 when defending but instruct Davis to remain in their CBs for the outball, McGinn to be watching Davis and ready to receive from Davis. Wolves are good, mostly dangerous on the counter, but effective when on the ball lots too. Hause will need to play a faultless game against Jimenez. 

Agree with this our problem is none of our midfield are getting near the ST for any sort of knock down so we just turn over the ball almost instantly. 

On 25/06/2020 at 15:38, Delphinho123 said:

The team I've wanted to go with for weeks. Maybe swap Guilbert in for Elmo but either way, beats having to play with that fat b******* Trezeguet. 

I agree we need to get rid of our wingers. Your option looks sound but we could also consider:

Reina

Elmo              Hause        Mings        Taylor

McGinn          Luis       Nakamba

Grealish

Samatta                                 Davis

Reina in as Nyland looks very shaky, too many fumbled catches

Taylor as he is a better defender than Targett but just for this game v Adama

Hopefully we can improve our ball retention with 4 in midfield and have front two making moves across the line being fed by Jack. 2 sitting mids can also enable Mcginn to get forward in support.

I would like to see Vassilev get some sort of game time either as a starter or come on as a sub at the customary 70min mark. We don't have anyone with any real pace in the team. He could give us that.

I appreciate it's a big step up and a gamble but at this stage of the season i think it's a gamble worth taking.

He can't be any worse than El Ghazi or Trezeguet.

Edited by imavillan

Got a sneaky feeling we could fluke something tomorrow, maybe even a win . No logic to that, just a feeling in me bones. We're due a result 😂  and Wolved have a piss poor record at VP

Edited by MikeAVFC

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

I would like to see Vassilev get some sort of game time either as a starter or come on as a sub at the customary 70min mark. We don't have anyone with any real pace in the team. He could give us that.

I'm not sure he's got a great deal of pace - his strength is his workrate and his ability to do the right things for the team. I think he'll end up back in central midfield at some point in his career.

It hurts me to say it but we have very little chance. We just don’t look like scoring. If they have an off day and we score a couple of set pieces then we may be pleasantly surprised but it is highly unlikely. Wolves to win 0-2. They are still garbage though and massively in our shadow!

The important thing is that they have fun.

And remember to drink lot's of water, it's important to not get dehydrated. And use sunscreen because the sun burns even if it's a bit cloudy.

• Like 2

To get anything we need to change formation.

We won't.

To miraculously nick a point the midfield three must be Nakamba, Luiz further forward and Jack.

Don't think that's likely either.

This will be bad I feel. 0-3 with Wolves in first gear.