Pre-Match Thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, KillieVillain said:

Surely by the law of averages we are due a result against one of the top sides in the league which I hate to admit Wolves are.Don't care if we play well or fluke it ,we need a win.

Yes I like this law of averages. Wolves are not unbeatable. 

7 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

For Gog's sake just put Samatta and Davis up top and do not have Trezeguet anywhere near the squad.

It would shock Gomez that's for sure. However Trez should be a sub ahead of jota for me.  

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

So Kick off is at 5:30am here in Santa Fe New Mexico.

Should I bother getting up?

4:30 for me.   Very unlikely to be rewarded for consigning yourself to being tired all day.   Doubt I’ll get up for this.

• Like 1

the chronicles of narnia film GIF

Morning everyone, just can’t see anything other than a defeat here.  They are in form still and chasing a Champions League spot.   I fear a 0-2 loss i’m afraid.

Targett or Taylor v Billy Whizz gives me shivers and would prefer Hutton to come out of retirement.   Only way of stopping them I think is to pack the midfield and stop them playing/breaking.  Would set up 4-5-1, but no wingers starting.

From SKY

Wolves have a fully-fit side with no new issues; former Villa winger Adama Traore started against Bournemouth having come off the bench in their first game after the restart at West Ham, and Raul Jimenez is likely to lead the line.

Opta stats

• Aston Villa have lost just one of their last 14 home games against Wolves in all competitions (W10 D3), going down 0-1 in the Premier League in March 2011. Indeed, the Villans have already beaten Wolves at Villa Park this season (2-1 in the EFL Cup).
  • Wolves are looking to complete a league double over Aston Villa for the first time since the 1962-63 campaign.
  • Aston Villa have picked up just two points from their last 21 available in the Premier League (W0 D2 L5).
  • Aston Villa's last six Premier League wins have been against sides in the bottom half of the table. They're winless in their last 19 top-flight games against sides starting the day in the top six (D2 L17), losing each of the last 13 in a row.
  • Wolves have won six Premier League away games this season - they last won more on the road in a single top-flight campaign in 1979-80 (10).

https://www.skysports.com/football/a-villa-vs-wolves/408292

The problem is that whatever we do, even if there's a good bit of play and we score, or even get lucky - we are going to concede. We concede against the worst teams, we concede against the better teams. The only path through is the most jammiest sequence of luck whereby Wolves continually fail to finish chances they will inevitably make. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SuffolkVillan said:

Nyland

Elmo            Hause       Mings      Targett

McGinn       Luiz     Hourihane

Grealish

Samatta                   Davis

Would look a bit more better.