Pre-Match Thread

lukesmith17

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I see samatta being starved of any possession again 

is there an emoji for ‘regrettably you’re probably right’?

The key to us winning is to have two of the three possible connections with Samatta (AEG, Jack, Trez) working. 

Wonder how this formation is going to work for McGinn, too. Is he going to bomb on and leave Doug exposed? Or has DS accepted that SJM is gassed and can play a holding, rather than box-to-box, role?

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
I can’t spell. And I’m ashamed.

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

This is the whole approach smith has - too fearful of the opposition and not enough emphasis on what we can do -  I see why you like him 

Not sure what the last part means. 

I don't think its true. I mean we aren't talking about leaving a world class rb out. Its elmo. Having konza in there is hardly Smith shitting himself. Its a sensible decision. 

Let's be honest, you'd have complained no matter what.

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It's probably irrational but Trezeguet is one of my least favourite villa players in a long time. He's absolute **** toilet.

I had hope he would be inconsistent but occasionally exciting and his debut was very promising but he's just devolved into a Scott Sinclair/Keiran Richardson tier player. I actually get angry watching him. Roll my eyes every time he comes on or even touches the ball. You already know nothing's going to happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It's probably irrational but Trezeguet is one of my least favourite villa players in a long time. He's absolute **** toilet.

Same here. I didn't have high hopes but I'd convinced myself he was rapid (thanks youtube) Such a let down. 

Hopefully he has a leicester moment tonight. 

With that team you can use 3-4-3 4-2-3-1 4-4-2

4-3-3 5-4-1 and of course the Dean Smith special the 8-1-1 stretched across our box and we still get cut open. 

Maximin looks tasty on the wing hopefully Konsa can take a few bites to soften him up.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not sure what the last part means. 

I don't think its true. I mean we aren't talking about leaving a world class rb out. Its elmo. Having konza in there is hardly Smith shitting himself. Its a sensible decision. 

Let's be honest, you'd have complained no matter what.

Elmo offers more going forward , this is a game we must win , in fact I’d rather Elmo than trezeguet too , konsa is out of position whereas Elmo has plenty right back experience - my main gripe is playing 2 ineffective wingers rather than Davis and samatta up front ,  and I’d have had nakamba or Connor in with jack in a free role - we need to shake up our game and be more on the front foot .

why would I have complained ? I’ve fully supported smith all the way until recently , more so than many - I do see why he could have gone earlier though and don’t knock those who wanted him out sooner . 

im not going to say I like the line up if I don’t 

Edited by Eastie

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A more attacking 4-2-3-1 with Grealish central by the looks of things - I quite like that.

--------------------------Nyland---------------------

Konsa-------MIngs---------Hause----Targett

------------------Luiz-------------Mcginn------------

El Ghazi------------Grealish------------Trezeguet

-------------------------Samatta--------------------------

It's a pretty mobile front six.

Looks so much better in 4-2-3-1 wonder if we play to that tactic though?

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Elmo offers more going forward , this is a game we must win , in fact I’d rather Elmo than trezeguet too , konsa is out of position whereas Elmo has plenty right back experience - my main gripe is playing 2 ineffective wingers rather than Davis and samatta up front ,  and I’d have had nakamba or Connor in with jack in a free role - we need to shake up our game and be more on the front foot 

Well elmo does, but we shouldn't be relying on 31 year old elmo at rb to be our attacking threat. Not at the expense of stopping a quality winger. 

I'd rather that as well but I'm not going to moan as if I know best. Although I disagree on nakamaba, he's another weak link. 

Edited by DCJonah