Pre-Match Thread

lukesmith17

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Well elmo does, but we shouldn't be relying on 31 year old elmo at rb to be our attacking threat. Not at the expense of stopping a quality winger. 

I'd rather that as well but I'm not going to moan as if I know best. Although I disagree on nakamaba, he's another weak link. 

Moan as if you know best ? It’s a forum with opinions isn’t it ? 

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

Well well some of us happy, some not. Normally we all agree  

At least he has changed something Although we will see when they cross the white line 

I'm in a happy place no Villa dross is spoiling my mood today. 

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I had hope he would be inconsistent but occasionally exciting and his debut was very promising but he's just devolved into a Scott Sinclair/Keiran Richardson tier player. I actually get angry watching him. Roll my eyes every time he comes on or even touches the ball. You already know nothing's going to happen.

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Same here. I didn't have high hopes but I'd convinced myself he was rapid (thanks youtube) Such a let down. 

Hopefully he has a leicester moment tonight. 

He's got a knack of scoring the odd goal, I'll give him that. The Leicester semi for example.

But usually when he gets the ball our players may as well drop deep and get ready to defend. He's useless

Like the team, it's clear from the line-up at least that the intention is to get at them.

Think some of you are getting too bogged down with complaining about certain players playing when the reality of our squad largely being toilet is that it's difficult to put out a starting 11 where there isn't several weak links in it. That being said this side has more balance to it than previous and it should allow Jack to get into the game more.

Will take a win however it comes here, we need this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I'm in 2 minds about going out cycling or staying to follow the Villa. I'm so sick of being disappointed with this team.

Go cycling. Along a canal. Listen to the match in your phone. Throw phone into canal at unspecified but inevitable point during match. Ride angry for two minutes. Ride sad and disappointed at what the team’s bad performance means for three minutes. Continue ride in blissful ignorance of the dross. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I certainly didn’t think konsa was excellent v Chelsea ; he was a weak link , was ok v Sheffield 

I thought he was ok both games, but yes, maybe excellent is an exaggeration! I just got carried away

I said I wasn't going to lose anymore sleep, well sod it! It's 215am and here I am. I love this team even if it costs me what's left of my hair....... UTV

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Go cycling. Along a canal. Listen to the match in your phone. Throw phone into canal at unspecified but inevitable point during match. Ride angry for two minutes. Ride sad and disappointed at what the team’s bad performance means for three minutes. Continue ride in blissful ignorance of the dross. 

It is along a canal! Can't afford the minutes to listen to the match. You look at how badly the teams just above us are struggling, and you think, are we really worse than West Ham or Bournemouth!?
HUGE questions need to be asked if come the end of the season it's a yes.

Edited by AvonVillain

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

I said I wasn't going to lose anymore sleep, well sod it! It's 215am and here. I love this team even if it costs me what's left of my hair....... UTV

That’s the spirit mate. Let’s do this! UTV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I'm in 2 minds about going out cycling or staying to follow the Villa. I'm so sick of being disappointed with this team.

You'll be on your bike at 18:05!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Wide attackers are by our worst area. With one up top it's a massive reason we lack a threat going forward.

We should have chucked £15m-£20m at Leicester for Albrighton.

Edited by Genie

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You mean Mohammaed Trezeguet, born in Kafr El Sheikh where temperatures are regularly above 30 degrees and started his career in Cairo where temperatures are mid to high 30s?

I think he'll manage

And last played for a club based in Istanbul, where average June temp is 29 ..

• Like 2