The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

Clearly not bread or potato, that would be lunacy.

So we're left with pasta or rice.

I eat more pasta - carbonara is bi-weekly meal and ragu is one of my specialties, though I would miss paella and risotto. As a curry accompaniment I can live without rice, my carbs of choice there would be the breads.

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Got a  bottle of this off the Mrs for Christmas, has anyone had the pleasure, a tad scared to be honest 

https://www.justchillies.co.uk/product/regret/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAyracBhDoARIsACGFcS7O5gBYpuQBkQw6BkvFvGfafXXCv5YWjz-OMpmclPXkpALLDWLDIiEaAjPgEALw_wcB

Regret

OUR HOTTEST EVER PRODUCT! A BLEND OF GARLIC, HERBS, TOMATOES, LIME AND SEARING HEAT COURTESY OF 12 MILLION SCOVILLE UNIT OLEORESIN. ABSOLUTELY NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

Insanely hot with a hint of garlic. An extra ordinarily hot limited-edition sauce, use sparingly to add real fire to any dish.

Regret Extreme Hot Sauce

that company is reasonably local to me and they always have a stall at the christmas markets in the area. if you want a really hot sauce from there that you can actually use on things then this one is lovely:

https://www.justchillies.co.uk/product/dark-habanero/

• Thanks 1

On 03/12/2022 at 00:39, OutByEaster? said:

If you had to get rid of one and never have it again, would it be potato, bread, rice or pasta?

Rice.

I do like rice with a curry, but could replace it with a naan bread/chip combo

I have pasta 3 or 4 times a week.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Xela said:

Rice.

I do like rice with a curry, but could replace it with a naan bread/chip combo

I have pasta 3 or 4 times a week.

I'm just so conscious of how calorie intense and bloaty pasta is.  Like it's a meal marathon runners have before a marathon, and as marathons are not part of my typical day I just try to avoid it. I think I've almost demonised pasta in my head. Plus my ability to eat my body weight in it doesn't help either.  I'd say I have it maybe once a month. Maybe.

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm just so conscious of how calorie intense and bloaty pasta is.  Like it's a meal marathon runners have before a marathon, and as marathons are not part of my typical day I just try to avoid it. I think I've almost demonised pasta in my head. Plus my ability to eat my body weight in it doesn't help either.  I'd say I have it maybe once a month. Maybe.

It's not calorie intense, pretty much the same as rice. It's everything surrounding it and piled on top that's the problem!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

It's not calorie intense, pretty much the same as rice. It's everything surrounding it and piled on top that's the problem!

I find it much easier to control how much rice I eat though. Pasta is pretty much 'a bowl of pasta' with sauce/meat. I'd never eat 'a bowl of rice' to the same extent. It's a side to a curry with vegetables etc. So in that sense it's not as dangerous :) 

I should probably be demonising white bread moreso, but that's not happening :D

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

I find it much easier to control how much rice I eat though. Pasta is pretty much 'a bowl of pasta' with sauce/meat. I'd never eat 'a bowl of rice' to the same extent. It's a side to a curry with vegetables etc. So in that sense it's not as dangerous :) 

I should probably be demonising white bread moreso, but that's not happening :D

100g of rice seems a lot more than 100g of pasta. 100g of pasta is an 'I'm being careful' portion 

The croissants alone annoy me, they look shite, they don't really look like they are made with Charentes butter

What are they calling these shit croissants with rubbery cheese and fish fingers?

FIsh finger butties are ace, but you need to make them with shitey whitey and tomato ketchup not faux french breakfast pastries

I'm also dreading to think how they heat those up

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone tried one of these bad boys yet? It seems to have upset pur french friends 

Screenshot_20221206-192450_Facebook.jpg

But it annoyed the French, so ... I'll allow it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, bickster said:

They've opened the crisp packet from the bottom. Kill the photorapher!

01rolrj6854a1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Ex of mine used to open her crisp packets upside down because 'that's where all the flavour is'.  Like the packet went its whole process from factory to her hand being stored the right way up and the salt gravitated to the bottom :lol:

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, BOF said:

Ex of mine used to open her crisp packets upside down because 'that's where all the flavour is'.  Like the packet went its whole process from factory to her hand being stored the right way up and the salt gravitated to the bottom :lol:

Seems a fair reason to make her your ex. 

I used to have a mate that believed it was bad luck to open a crisp packet upside down. 

14 hours ago, bickster said:

The croissants alone annoy me, they look shite, they don't really look like they are made with Charentes butter

What are they calling these shit croissants with rubbery cheese and fish fingers?

FIsh finger butties are ace, but you need to make them with shitey whitey and tomato ketchup not faux french breakfast pastries

I'm also dreading to think how they heat those up

Guess u do the fish fingers seperate then you add them in to the crossaint

Next week turkey drummers in crossaints

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

What would be the most un-French thing to put in a croissant? A balti pie? Let's see them do that.

A well done steak

The cow did not die so your could murder it all over again!

• Like 1

Â