The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

7 hours ago, bickster said:

2cty1fv5wa7a1.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

A Xmas snadwich with gravy.

The sandwhich is messy enough without inappropriate gravy

The gravy is the sole redeeming aspect. Chuck the rest in the bin. Get some chips.

• Like 2

My mom messed the gravy up today, if I'm honest it's thr first time I can ever remember her doing so, like any given sunday she never gets it wrong, so it was a mad panic

She had some instant in hand, I had a tub of bisto pigs in planket flavour... I'd liken it to walkers bacon crisps and that's a stretch because I think even that was a smell rather than a flavour, really bland and disappointing, something of nothing in a tarty "special" tub that isn't as special as their big standard

So when I made Turkey sandwiches tonight I made a real thick mix of their southern fried chicken flavour, that's still beautiful, can't recommend it enough

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

This is no longer funny. 
B772094-D-1539-48-EE-AB38-96-AC262-EA1-E

Was looking at it yesterday because its on offer, didn't buy it, they've also got coronation chicken mayo which is pretty good, also picked up smokey bacon mayo, kebab sauce mayo and cracked black pepper mayo, they did have a truffle one and at least 2 others that didn't interest me

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Seat68 said:

This is no longer funny. 
B772094-D-1539-48-EE-AB38-96-AC262-EA1-E

It’s a remainers dream. You can be both northern and sophisticated Belgian continental and have it on your chips. 10/10 WB

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, choffer said:

Sure this will already have been discussed but apparently I’m a pervert for keeping chocolate in the fridge. What’s the consensus from the VT hive mind?

Perhaps keep it in Sidcows cushion shed for optimum coolness. Personally a fridge is acceptable. Bread on the other hand is unfathomable, I don’t get that yet my wife for her entire adult like persists with keeping it in the fridge. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, choffer said:

Sure this will already have been discussed but apparently I’m a pervert for keeping chocolate in the fridge. What’s the consensus from the VT hive mind?

gordon-ramsay-get-out.gif

in the snack cupboard for me. 

Only get transferred into the fridge during heatwaves, when my apartment is warmer than the black hole of calcutta. 

Depends on the chocolate, not just the flavour or variety but the brand too

often better but sometimes makes it too hard, crunchies for example lose their melt in your mouth if you put them in the fridge

Galaxy is better if not kept in the fridge

Edited by villa4europe

Â