Passing Time During The Pestilence

Xann

I used to do that a long time ago round a mates house during playstation nights, he'd done a road trip in the deep south of the states and we started listening to yokel stuff on it

think the only band I can remember coming apparent on it to us really early was the Lumineers, ho hey was around for ages before it broke out

This is my first real break in over 7 months so I've been sleeping 11 hours a day!

This will be a great time to do a few things like drink less and read more.

Maybe find a good computer game to play or even do some writing.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

This will be a great time to do a few things like drink less and read more.

Strange.  I was planning to drink more and read less. 

• Haha 2

I appreciate that we are all hardworking people. That said should your laptop lock, Skype for business marks you as away. There are Chrome extensions to ensure that your laptop stays awake and Skype remains active. Not for me obviously. But for others who don't want to indicate that they are chilling on their sofa. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/keep-awake-display-system/apmicgkbejflkgeljipcebaoeigmangd?hl=en

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I appreciate that we are all hardworking people. That said should your laptop lock, Skype for business marks you as away. There are Chrome extensions to ensure that your laptop stays awake and Skype remains active. Not for me obviously. But for others who don't want to indicate that they are chilling on their sofa. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/keep-awake-display-system/apmicgkbejflkgeljipcebaoeigmangd?hl=en

And for those of us who are restricted from adding extensions, might I recommend my crude but highly effective method; open up Notepad, type a string of text, move the cursor to one end then place an appropriately sized paperweight on the arrow key that moves the cursor along to the other end forever.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

One for the oldies  .... MS DOS based video games

its quite sad to see just how shit some of these games look v the modern era  , but heck at the time they were awesome

I'm aiming to finally complete Leisure Suit Larry whilst work is slack 

Just want to recommend JetPack, loved that game back in the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

One for the oldies  .... MS DOS based video games

its quite sad to see just how shit some of these games look v the modern era  , but heck at the time they were awesome

I'm aiming to finally complete Leisure Suit Larry whilst work is slack 

Golden Axe will get a play from me, once I’ve got through a mountain of work. Thanks for sharing that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

We’ve got most of the office working from home on whatever shitty laptop of PC they can muster, tapped in to their actual computers in the office which have been kept on.

I’ve had to remind a couple today that the screen in the office is mirroring whatever they do at home, or indeed, are not doing at home.

• Haha 3

On 18/03/2020 at 16:45, villa4europe said:

I made bread yesterday, trying to cook something decent each day with the time to make it 

Made meringue and dulce de leche today. 

So simple and lovely, it just takes tiiiiime.

Got the trusty Good Housekeeping cookbook down for the method.

Now eyeing the desserts I really wanted to make when knocking up the one bowl cake mix back in the day.

• Like 2

Â