Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/20 at 23:59

12 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

The owners have a decision to make here.

Do they go down into the CH with Smith or do they drop him now and try to salvage the season. And could another manager save the season at this stage.

I really wanted Smith to do well, but it looks like it is too much for him. We aren't even putting up any sort of fight.

The question is.....do we go down with him, with another 10 defeats...which is feasible on that showing.

that is unthinkable, in terms of our future.

just hearing his after match interview.....put your tin hat on.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

They certainly got their revenge for the semi final tonight. Bang goes our goal difference as well. What on earth was Reina thinking, when he gifted them their first? We can't defend, rarely look like scoring (particularly away) and our midfield is too lightweight. Only 10 cup finals left now and time is running out. I thought that this would be one of two remaining away games, we would be unlikely to get anything from, but I didn't think we would get stuffed like we did at Villa Park in December, this time. Chelsea must be licking their lips. 😕

I'm not sure what to say about Deano, I love the bloke to bits but his subs have baffled me for the most part of this season . I dont think he has "lost the dressing room" whatever that is supposed to mean but I truly believe the players are simply not good enough in most areas bar McGinn and Jack, even Samatta in the short time he has been here. How Luiz starts most weeks is beyond me.... 

Edited by leighavfc

Absolutely horrid performance that was with not a single positive to take from it and VAR giving that pen for that word removed to score just capped the night off.

Smith got it totally wrong tonight, I am interested to hear his post match analysis but I've had enough for tonight.

I think he was torn between two formations tonight and it showed. We played 4 at the back against these at VP and got torn to shreds, tonight was the same. The cup games we played 3 at the back and although we still gave chances away we weren't left quite as 'exposed' as tonight. But because the 3 hasn't been working I think he trusted us to carry on with 4 but then negated all our attacking threat by playing Elmo and Conor who were both passengers and both hooked. 

I always knew tonight would be tough, but that was shambolic, he's going to have to work miracles to lift the players after that. It's probably more likely that the fans will do it on Saturday than him to be honest. Boy do they need our support now.

I'm clinging on to the hope that he stumbles on a winning team/formula and we gain some confidence from somewhere but it's looking gloomy to say the least.

No-one out there deserved any consideration for MOTM really, they were ALL poor, but special mention to Reina, Guilbert, Mings, Luiz and Conor who were the worst of the lot! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, smg said:

Any chance Davis could have made any less effort to win that tackle before their goal ?

I thought that. Just as gutless as the rest of them.

22 minutes ago, romavillan said:

They were set up ok, when they played with some confidence at the start we looked ok. Then the players lost their confidence, started to hide and then the gulf in class showed. We've got about a third of a premier league squad. 

To have stood a chance we needed to perform at the levels we saw in the final, or the Spurs game. We were a million miles off that and got stuffed. We need to find a way to give this lot some confidence to play, because our only hope is doing that and scoring goals, we are not going to magic up a defense in the last 10 games.

And we are not going to magic up 3-4 goals a game either.

we started ok, until nothing happened after 15 minutes, they showed the intensity and closed us down in contrast we just wilted and allowed them to play......any bit of confidence we had drained after 15.... then, I am lost for words.

11 minutes ago, John said:

They certainly got their revenge for the semi final tonight. Bang goes our goal difference as well. What on earth was Reina thinking, when he gifted them their first? We can't defend, rarely look like scoring (particularly away) and our midfield is too lightweight. Only 10 cup finals left now and time is running out. I thought that this would be one of two remaining away games, we would be unlikely to get anything from, but I didn't think we would get stuffed like we did at Villa Park in December, this time. Chelsea must be licking their lips. 😕

The tragedy is john, we have been saying this from early season, nothing has changed, in fact its got gradually worse....we have just been sleep walking in to this, in the name of stability.

• Like 1

awful performance----shocking schoolboy error by Reina, defence midfield non existant----Samatta alone again midfield completely legless far far too defensive,

Leicester have not scored in thir last 3 league games

Vardy has,nt scored in 10 hours+ of premiership football

so what more fitting next opponents than the very benovelent toothless gutless prideless clueless ---Aston Villa   or should it be "Vanilla"  the team thats too easily licked,

mark my words this bunch unless there is a drastic turnaround will certainly be taking us down----

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm starting to think our deficiencies are mental mostly. We have stretches in games where we play great, and then due to some event or another become shit. That doesn't happen if our players are just shit.

The event is,........ the opposition work harder in getting in our faces, and stopping us playing, we in contrast just stand off, waiting for a pass, that don't arrive.....we don't press or stop the opposition, the consequence is the game just drifts away from us.....and it did.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Refuse to vote for a motm, we needed a higher quality of signing in the summer, we chose quantity over quality and it's showing.

Obviously we needed numbers - If you weren’t signing 15 players who of the players who left would you have kept? ......or maybe Bowen and Benrama in a 3-2-2 formation?

5 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Obviously we needed numbers - If you weren’t signing 15 players who of the players who left would you have kept? ......or maybe Bowen and Benrama in a 3-2-2 formation?

I don't understand what we needed to do, ideally we needed both I guess, we seemed to just settled for quantity? Because clearly the quality isn't there.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Â