Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

Back on the subject of Covid-19 and sport I've just read Rafael Nadal's comments and worries that Tennis won't be back this year!

So why the h*** is football any different? Scottish FA and sports are saying September for sports to return, England is in much worse a situation...I just don't understand why they are potentially gambling with the lives of footballers and their immediate families?

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

We should end the season with a shoot out like they did in American years ago. One v one from half way mins, only one player from each team takes one. Jack would win every time :P

If they really want entertainment they should adopt this and maybe make each teams worst player compete. Neil Taylor vs Michael Keane or Marcos Rojo vs Dejan Lovren

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

It's been pushed back due to a 2 week proper controlled quarantine for all players / staff before its allowed back 

It needs just 1 player or staff member to test positive for it all to come crashing down.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

It needs just 1 player or staff member to test positive for it all to come crashing down.

Yep

And there'll be a cap on the general public rates too (but I'm not sure which one they're using) where if it goes over a certain number everything will be locked down again 

OT I've got short time starting this week, I have to take Friday off, was on the phone to a polish company and they want to do like a 10 minute catch up Friday morning, I said yeah no problem whatever I'm stuck at home anyway... My German colleagues shot it down straight away! It's all agreed between my employer, my work council and the government, a month's worth of discussions and paperwork, I can **** the entire company over by sending an email let alone having a meeting! They take it very seriously

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Christian Purslow on Talksport this morning just after 9.

Everybody wants to finish the season.

Said he’s against neutral grounds idea. 2/3 of our points at home and we want home games at home.

He said no relegation hasn’t been discussed.

Said EFL is broken financially anyway, Covid has exposed what was already known (financially unsustainable).

I don’t see the PL starting anytime soon. They are a long way from agreeing way forward and medical protocols. Then they’d have to get them ratified by the league, the government and medical professionals/scientists.

Edited by Genie

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

OT I've got short time starting this week, I have to take Friday off, was on the phone to a polish company and they want to do like a 10 minute catch up Friday morning, I said yeah no problem whatever I'm stuck at home anyway... My German colleagues shot it down straight away! It's all agreed between my employer, my work council and the government, a month's worth of discussions and paperwork, I can **** the entire company over by sending an email let alone having a meeting! They take it very seriously

OT again but we had the same issue when introducing a new incident reporting tool. All our service desks globally started using it except Germany as the workers' council/ unions etc, objected to their members' personal data being loaded in to the system (personal as in just names and work email and tel no.s). Took a year for it to be allowed, so they used the old system in the meantime. Proper ball ache.

10 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

OT again but we had the same issue when introducing a new incident reporting tool. All our service desks globally started using it except Germany as the workers' council/ unions etc, objected to their members' personal data being loaded in to the system (personal as in just names and work email and tel no.s). Took a year for it to be allowed, so they used the old system in the meantime. Proper ball ache.

Germans dont like the data being stored at all, apparently its a hangover from the Stasi days. They rather ay by cash than card which is ridiculous 😂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Data protection is crazy serious here! 

I'm in a company of 250 people, there are 7 of them who just do data protection and all the other staff have had training on it

I'm an estimator, I have to phone up subcontractors and say "do you want to do a project for us" "yeah sure mate what can you tell me about it?" "absolutely nothing until you sign 4 pieces of paper..." it's a bit mad

• Like 1

Copa 90 are streaming a live K League game weekly starting Friday. If you want to see future of behind closed doors football, it will be like this

27 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

So Germany have the go ahead to start again, can anyone see them actually finishing these 9 games without a player getting this virus?

And yet as part of this announcement they also say:

'Social distancing rules will stay in place until 5 June, such as maintaining a distance of 1.5m (5ft)'....

...confusing! One rule for football and another for the rest!

53 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

And yet as part of this announcement they also say:

'Social distancing rules will stay in place until 5 June, such as maintaining a distance of 1.5m (5ft)'....

...confusing! One rule for football and another for the rest!

An insult to the wider population.
You can't go near your Mum but thats ok because Hertha Berlin have got Hoffenheim later today. 

Farce. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

An insult to the wider population.
You can't go near your Mum but thats ok because Hertha Berlin have got Hoffenheim later today. 

Farce. 

They ahve lifted restrictions near enough on everything barring travel big social things like clubs bars hotels.

23 hours ago, Genie said:

Talk of M’bappe getting £600k per week deal, Sterling £100m just to wear Puma boots and then just down the road football clubs going bust. What a mess.

I really hope this pandemic went some way to reset football but seems not

• Like 1

Â