Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Shanghai have stated ighalo isn't staying at utd past 30th June 

Linked to Newcastle as well. Be perfect signing for them.

With the money the'll have should the transfer go through they are going to get some good players in, and Igalo is OK.

But turning 31 and on massive wages and a hefty transfer fee he's the exact type I hope they go for.

News from Spain:

Five players have tested positive for coronavirus across Spain's top two divisions, La Liga has said.

The unnamed players are all asymptomatic and are now in isolation.

They will continue to be tested and can only rejoin training when they return two consecutive negative results.

7 hours ago, sne said:

The new rules for the Bundesliga restart are preposterous.

• High-fives, pinching and spitting are prohibited on the pitch.
  • Players can quickly celebrate goals with brief contact with elbows or feet.
  • Everyone on the bench must wear a face mask and there should be an empty seat between each person.
  • The head coach is allowed to take off the face mask to call out instructions, as long as he is at least one and a half meters from someone else.
  • On match day, each player should be in the locker room for a maximum of 30 to 40 minutes.
  • The teams should come out of the player tunnel at different times. No mascots, no handshakes with the opposing team and no team photos before kick off.

In addition, the home team can be penalized in retrospect with a loss. It happens if a larger group of home supporters gather outside the arena.

Are they allowed walls at free kicks?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Are they allowed walls at free kicks?

It's all so silly since football is a contact sport and there are so many on pitch situations that are worse than the ones they have listed.

Can't high five but OK to cram 20 players in the box at corners. I imagine they are not going to stop play and sanitize the ball every time someone heads it?

I expect the meeting from the Premier League today will be to announce they have another meeting soon. 

The Guardian say the Premier League still havent completed the medical protocols that other leagues have done. The Mike Ashley of leagues, so much money yet ram by idiots and confusing how they made the money

I kinda expected it to be more fuss about it only being men's football that is rushed back and not the women's game.

PL, the Bundesliga, La Liga and even in Sweden it is the men's game that has to restart.

I imagine this is a area where the female players are less keen to have equality, and rightly so. As much as you love football, why would you want to put yourselves and everyone around you at risk before it is safe?

Does show why the men's game and the women's game are 2 totally different games thou as the money stakes in the men's game is just so huge.

22 hours ago, sne said:

The new rules for the Bundesliga restart are preposterous.

• High-fives, pinching and spitting are prohibited on the pitch.
  • Players can quickly celebrate goals with brief contact with elbows or feet.
  • Everyone on the bench must wear a face mask and there should be an empty seat between each person.
  • The head coach is allowed to take off the face mask to call out instructions, as long as he is at least one and a half meters from someone else.
  • On match day, each player should be in the locker room for a maximum of 30 to 40 minutes.
  • The teams should come out of the player tunnel at different times. No mascots, no handshakes with the opposing team and no team photos before kick off.

In addition, the home team can be penalized in retrospect with a loss. It happens if a larger group of home supporters gather outside the arena.

No pinching?

ken.jpg

Also, a maximum of 30 to 40 minutes. Well it’s 40 then isn’t it, since that is the maximum of 30 and 40.

• Haha 1

Least surprising headline award goes to

BREAKING: The government has announced that no professional sport, even behind closed doors, will be staged in England until 1st June.

Honestly, this government is doing my f***** head in now.  The level of ambiguity in every bloody thing they say is f***** embarrsing.
We've all seen the meme's, the impressions etc. but f*** me, they're bang on. How can you make something so confusing? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Honestly, this government is doing my f***** head in now.  The level of ambiguity in every bloody thing they say is f***** embarrsing.
We've all seen the meme's, the impressions etc. but f*** me, they're bang on. How can you make something so confusing? 

It's herd immunity without saying it's herd immunity.

They just messed up by announcing that first before quickly backtracking.

• Like 1

They cannot or will not make a decision on anything, football is no way going to start on June 1st.

Do they still have to finish 92 games by July 1st? It's all seeming rather implausible now surely to finish season 2019/2020.

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

They cannot or will not make a decision on anything, football is no way going to start on June 1st.

Do they still have to finish 92 games by July 1st? It's all seeming rather implausible now surely to finish season 2019/2020.

no one will say, the Bundesliga suggests yes which when you throw in some training means its a non starter, they will struggle to do it in 4 weeks without the training camps or any spikes in the virus, that said the date attached to project restart was june 12th

add it to the list of things thrown out of the window in the name of integrity

23 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I don’t think they are saying June 1st games can start, they are just saying to anybody thinking of playing games in May to forget it. 
Now they’ve put down a marker they’ll be expected to keep revising it. 

• Like 2

Â