Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

Its funny how the Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga and the Premier League are all totally insistent that the season must be restarted and finished and yet other leagues are now to be  ended for this season. Its almost so thought it is proportionate to the tv contracts they have and are obliged to fufill whilst the entire continent is in a catastrophic pandemic outbreak. 

• Like 2

The latest stupid idea that Sports Bible have posted is that halves could be less than 45 minutes when the premier league returns. Who would actually read that and think it’s possible?

There are lots of *possible* actions that could be taken. Yes, halves could be less than 45 minutes. You could limit the teams to 8 per side with no substitutes. You could make it a non-contact sport, and play it at walking pace, to allow everyone to wear a mask.

I find the idea that people are going to be tuning in to Sky to watch this stuff kind of ridiculous. Nobody enjoys watching matches in empty stadiums, and the more rule changes they propose to make it safer, the less of a spectacle it becomes. That's before we even get to the validity of legitimacy of results from a competition that changes its rules halfway through.

• Like 1

This is getting more surreal by the day. Sure have as many subs as you want, sure play it a neutral venue, sure we don't need to play it for 90 minutes.

What's next jumpers for goalposts? Shirts v Skins?

It's like preparing for a 100 metre sprint only for the last 10 metres to turn into a triple jump.

Madness.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

None the rule changes will happen so it’s all just wasted energy.

Its "we tried everything" due diligence bollocks for a defense should it end up in court because clubs are unhappy with the decision they end up going with

• Like 2

Merkel will announce her decision tomorrow.

Bundesliga 2 team have put entire squad in isolation today, this along with Kalou antics might change MErkel mind

I think merkel knows its not just football, its the opening up and return of much more (my niece is back at school this week for example)

I doubt very much she says football is open but local businesses stay shut

Â