Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

He should be coming back to give Cash a hard time. I know it’s only League 2 he’s been playing in, but he’s quality. The Matty’s have needed competition and now it’s their job to stay in the side. I don’t care which is playing as long as they’re performing.

• Like 2

Barry and Chrisene also training with the first team, U18 manager Liam Bramley has been promoted to first team coach for the purpose of helping these players transition from the academy to the senior team. Would be good to see more of them make their debuts' this season, certianly Kesler-Hayden must have a good chance of doing so at some point.

• Like 3

i can see Hayden overtaking Cash in the first 11 at some point in the next 6-8 months.

Cash is a good player, quick, physical, can get up and down the line well, but he isnt an intricate player, where as Hayden clearly is a player who can pass and move, play intricately etc, and i think that skill on the ball etc will suit Gerrard ball more.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

Barry and Chrisene also training with the first team, U18 manager Liam Bramley has been promoted to first team coach for the purpose of helping these players transition from the academy to the senior team. Would be good to see more of them make their debuts' this season, certianly Kesler-Hayden must have a good chance of doing so at some point.

Always appreciate your youth insight useless, do you just follow them closely or do you have friends in the club? Appreciate if it’s the latter you don’t want to divulge too much

I just follow what's going on online and don't know anything beyond that, Bramley being promoted to 'first team coach' is probably the wrong way of putting it as I don't think he's a first team coach in the sense that say McAlister is a first team coach, but it was reported last week last week that he's been promoted and will be working with the academy players involved with the first team, and in the more recent training videos you can see him involved with first team training.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

astonvillacentral.com/squad/contracts/

Player contracts Expire by Year - Aston Villa central 

Guilbert is under contract for another 18 months by the look of it, there have been no reports about SG recalling him so I think KKH is being looked at as competition for Cashy ongoing. Can see him staying on for the rest of the season.

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i can see Hayden overtaking Cash in the first 11 at some point in the next 6-8 months.

Cash is a good player, quick, physical, can get up and down the line well, but he isnt an intricate player, where as Hayden clearly is a player who can pass and move, play intricately etc, and i think that skill on the ball etc will suit Gerrard ball more.

Yeah he is a much more rounded footballer, capable of playmaking from full back in the same manner that Man City/Liverpool ones sometimes do. He has developed physically in the last 12 months too, looked very lightweight in the FA cup match against Liverpool but was physically strong enough against Gabriel Jesus last week. Hopefully he does well enough in training now that he will be trusted to get game time between now and the end of the season.

• Like 1

I doubt it. He'll have been brought back so Gerrard can have a prper look at him and then will in all  likelihood look for a better placed club to loan him to if he feels sitting on our bench isn't the best thing for him. Sometimes it is, as some players get motivated by what's around them and feeling part of it rather than going away to a League One club (he won't go back to League Two). Either way, I'd say we are more likely to buy a new right-back to challenge rather than expect KKH to get minutes at Cash's expense.

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Doing it in the prem is slightly different than league 1 tbf.

I think this lad has a bright future but I don't think he's ready for the prem just yet whereas Cash is a very good right back with a few bad recent performances. He was our best player about 3 months back, it's just a dip in form. Dropping him for a teenager from the academy when Cash is only a young lad himself is not a good way to go imo. 

Happy to eat my words if Cash continues to be poor but imo it's his shirt to lose for a few more weeks yet. 

Lucas Digne has been playing top flight and international football and playing it very well for best part of a decade but this lad has been playing league 2 for a few months and done enough fancy flicks to build up a short highlight reel. He'll get his chance eventually but I'd rather the club don't push it and he stays patient.

50 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Doing it in the prem is slightly different than league 1 tbf.

The bigger step up for him was doing it at league 1 rather than the U23s IMO. Obviously the prem is a big step up too but he has the attacking qualities that the management are looking for in a full back, whereas Cash's attacking contribution definitely needs work. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

The bigger step up for him was doing it at league 1 rather than the U23s IMO. Obviously the prem is a big step up too but he has the attacking qualities that the management are looking for in a full back, whereas Cash's attacking contribution definitely needs work. 

I agree, what I find strange is that Cash was a winger until his final season at Forrest. He must have been total shit because I see little evidence of any real ability going forward. 

1 minute ago, VBM said:

I agree, what I find strange is that Cash was a winger until his final season at Forrest. He must have been total shit because I see little evidence of any real ability going forward. 

From what I can gather, Cash has got where he is because his foundation is that he's a tremendous athlete. It makes sense that he got moved to full-back as there is less technique required to play there in a lot of teams - though that isn't the case so much these days, particularly with us. He's learnt a lot since but he's not a natural attacker and while I've been impressed with his development, I can't see him being first choice beyond next summer unless he suddenly produces the goals/assists demanded of him by the management. 

• Like 2

This time last week he started against Man City and did himself proud with a sterling performance, No reason why he couldn’t do a sound job against a poor manure side that’s low in confidence on his own patch with 40k behind him. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Â