Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

People online are saying he's a big Chelsea fan so I guess he goes to a team he's supported supposedly

Yeah, he says it in his promotional video. 

can’t blame a kid for wanting to play for the club he supports. 

• Like 3

£20m is nice and it's a good thing for our Academy too. In the past 2 years our Academy has bought in £120m to the club. Tis also a good signal to send out to other young players that Villa is a good place to progress your career. Even if that does mean ultimately selling them, it's good for the football club.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not saying he hasn't gone for the money, he has, but it's entirely likely he thinks it's best for his career as well. Players will back themselves and if he's gone there he must think he has a chance of making it there. And let's be honest making it at Chelsea is better for your career than making it at Villa (at the moment anyway)

I think people often underestimate the desire from players to make it. Especially 18 year olds. I doubt many players, if any, take moves like this and don't believe that they can make it at the club they're going to

Yeah some valid points, but looking at the signings chelsea are making now says to me they might not be as far away from us in the next few ywars if this continues. Barring koulibaly who is 31, id argue their summer signings have been very questionable. 

If we continue to show the strides we have and backed by the owners we can definitely close the gap on them.

He cant even get in our team so i dont know in his warped mind how he thinks he gets in Chelseas!

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Not saying he hasn't gone for the money, he has, but it's entirely likely he thinks it's best for his career as well. Players will back themselves and if he's gone there he must think he has a chance of making it there. And let's be honest making it at Chelsea is better for your career than making it at Villa (at the moment anyway)

I think people often underestimate the desire from players to make it. Especially 18 year olds. I doubt many players, if any, take moves like this and don't believe that they can make it at the club they're going to

Purslow called him the best 16 year old in the country and he was linked to likes of Utd, City, Bayern and Barca, he will 100% back himself to break into the team.

It's likely they have a better plan in order to get him first team minutes in cup games, weak Prem games and he will also be part of CL matchday squads.

He's doing what every one of us would do.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah some valid points, but looking at the signings chelsea are making now says to me they might not be as far away from us in the next few ywars if this continues. Barring koulibaly who is 31, id argue their summer signings have been very questionable. 

If we continue to show the strides we have and backed by the owners we can definitely close the gap on them.

He cant even get in our team so i dont know in his warped mind how he thinks he gets in Chelseas!

Yeah i agree with all of this, but I don't think players see things as rationally as we might do when we take a step back.

Same as when players like Sidwell and Drinkwater went to Chelsea. We might have always looked at those transfers and thought "they will never play regularly"

But the player themselves would always back themselves to get into the team. imo anyway

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yeah i agree with all of this, but I don't think players see things as rationally as we might do when we take a step back.

Same as when players like Sidwell and Drinkwater went to Chelsea. We might have always looked at those transfers and thought "they will never play regularly"

But the player themselves would always back themselves to get into the team. imo anyway

Yeah i think your right in your last paragraph. I just think maybe a couple years here then maybe he could think about it. Chelsea expectations are a lot higher than ours. He wont get away with some of the performances he has with us there. The fans will be on his back bad.

One of my best mates and his old man are chelsea ST holders and ive been to a lot of games with with mate when his dad dont go. Their fans are brutal

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i think your right in your last paragraph. I just think maybe a couple years here then maybe he could think about it. Chelsea expectations are a lot higher than ours. He wont get away with some of the performances he has with us there. The fans will be on his back bad.

One of my best mates and his old man are chelsea ST holders and ive been to a lot of games with with mate when his dad dont go. Their fans are brutal

Oh yeah again i agree. I think he'd be better off staying here for a couple of seasons at least.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

they might not be as far away from us in the next few ywars if this continues

Yes they will, Chelsea are a massive club and miles ahead of us, properly miles ahead, around £285m per year in annual revenue ahead, theirs is more than double ours 

For a 18 year old kid Chelsea are top a 10 club in the world big 

Villa are not 

The gap is getting bigger not smaller 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Oh yeah again i agree. I think he'd be better off staying here for a couple of seasons at least.

Me too

Should have followed the grealish career path, if he fulfills his potential at Aston Villa then Chelsea always have enough money to come back for him 3 or 4 years down the line 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Yes they will, Chelsea are a massive club and miles ahead of us, properly miles ahead, around £285m per year in annual revenue ahead, theirs is more than double ours 

For a 18 year old kid Chelsea are top a 10 club in the world big 

Villa are not 

The gap is getting bigger not smaller 

Yes because they ahve been in the champions league near enough every season. They also have massive debt and i doubt roman wrote off alot of it.

Look at arsenal perfect example.  I can see chelsea going that way if they are not careful. 

Â