Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

9 hours ago, zak said:

I'm genuinely interested in @sir_gary_cahill and @useless thoughts on this but don't have time to trawl. If you can be bothered please say them again, thanks

I’m gutted that he’s left us, for me, he is a terrific player who if he is given a chance in their first team, he will flourish. He has great natural ability, I wish he was given more of a chance in our first team

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

Well there you go. I can't get too worked up about it as he hasn't played enough senior games for Villa for most fans to gain a connection with him. If he wants to go to Chelsea and play first team football well good luck to him. We have got 20 mil for a good prospect who just saw us as a stepping stone, and that can be reinvested back into the youth development. He might be a once in a generation type player or then again he could not fufil his potential. We just don't know yet. It would have been nice to see this play out at Villa but his mind was made up.

Purlsow might reflect on saying that he was the best player of his age group  was not a great idea.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wish he was given more of a chance in our first team

I’m glad he wasn’t, we could have been relegated, he just didn’t do enough. The natural route is signing a longer deal and going out on loan to develop out of the high stake Premier League, he positioned himself so this was impossible, no one was taking on a 16/17y.o. to give first team experience given he really hasn’t established himself - name me one team who would have offered him a loan offering suitable game time this season or last?

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

He didn't stay because he couldn't see a route to the first team.

Villa offered to make him the highest paid teenager it wasn't about the money villa were offering.

I would say that he didnt stay because he wanted to run before he could walk. Because a midfield of McGinn Luiz Ramsey and Nakamba isnt the hardest midfield to get into is it. 

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Who is he breaking into the senior England team ahead of " next cycle "?

Unless you mean the under 21s?

You do realise his highest current level is Under 19 right?

Elliot? 

He's already playing u21s, I'm expecting him to have a good year for Liverpool predominantly on the right side of their attacking 3 getting some statistically pleasing games l, play the under 21s tournament next summer in what I think is not a stand out England team and then after that Southgate will call him up before the 2024 euros 

Conversely I think Curtis Jones will drop off but either way those are the 2 players in the u21s at the moment that I think Southgate will look at first

And of course that has nothing to do with them being Liverpool players... 

If you thought I meant chuk, I half jokingly said about it earlier, Southgate being Southgate will call up the Chelsea player before he calls up Ramsey, I thought Henderson was going to retire after the euros but surely he won't be in the squad after the WC so there is a CM slot available next cycle, if its not soon then I would still expect impending vitriol over the next 10 years as chelseas chuk gets a call up over some of our youngsters, it's inevitable that clash will happen 

• Like 2

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

I would say that he didnt stay because he wanted to run before he could walk. Because a midfield of McGinn Luiz Ramsey and Nakamba isnt the hardest midfield to get into is it. 

Should be.

But even Buendia is having trouble.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Back on topic:

Getting 20 million for a 17 year old is a masterstroke.  Purslow is proving to be Levy levels of ruthless when it comes to selling talent.  

Yeah at selling talent people want.

We'll see how things go when we sell Davis, Traore, AEG and Guilbert 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well there you go. I can't get too worked up about it as he hasn't played enough senior games for Villa for most fans to gain a connection with him. If he wants to go to Chelsea and play first team football well good luck to him. We have got 20 mil for a good prospect who just saw us as a stepping stone, and that can be reinvested back into the youth development. He might be a once in a generation type player or then again he could not fufil his potential. We just don't know yet. It would have been nice to see this play out at Villa but his mind was made up.

Purlsow might reflect on saying that he was the best player of his age group  was not a great idea.

On the contrary I want hear his views on how great Anwar , Bertie & Freddy are :)

25 minutes ago, hippo said:

He didn't stay because he couldn't see a route to the first team.

Villa offered to make him the highest paid teenager it wasn't about the money villa were offering.

I don’t believe that, there is a precedent at Villa that if you are a good enough academy product you will get the chances. Plenty of precedents, most recently Grealish (would have been the highest ever paid Villa player, given enough latitude to earn himself the most expensive British player), JJ (just signed a 5year £70k p.w. Contract), to some extent Davis, now Archer and likely Iroegbunam….

I would suggest he would get more first team game time at a relatively higher level here than at Chelsea. Tammy only got game time at Chelsea because of their transfer embargo, otherwise he was being sold having not made it there, and he was their best product.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’m gutted that he’s left us, for me, he is a terrific player …….

Not for me. Potential yes but has shown not the slightest hint of being there yet in any of his cameo appearances for Villa and as somebody who watches our secondary sides, he rarely shows much in those games either.

Good luck to him but he’s half the player Jacob Ramsey is and will be!

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah at selling talent people want.

We'll see how things go when we sell Davis, Traore, AEG and Guilbert 

Very good point. But you have to credit Purslow with getting a good deal here. 15-20M for a kid whose contract is up in less than a year? Come on, thats Man City level good selling business. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Huge blow for us. If he fulfills his potential he'll be better Jack. 

Think the club were a bit naive on this one. Hopefully they learn a lesson 

I think him joining Chelsea of all clubs says villa didn't stand a chance 

We'll never know but we played him and we offered him a huge contract and he still wanted to go, what can we do? 

10 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Very good point. But you have to credit Purslow with getting a good deal here. 15-20M for a kid whose contract is up in less than a year? Come on, thats Man City level good selling business. 

Isn’t he the highest rated young player in the English youth set up? There was bound to be competition for him and Chelsea are probably pretty comfortable that he’ll be seen as a bargain in a few years time. 

• Like 2

My thoughts are, even if he wasn't holding out, I'd take the £20m. He has shown he is a great U23 player with loads of potential but wasn't anything special in seniors. There's many players who have been in a similar position and not made anything of themselves. I'll take the £20m, he could be ravel Morrison.

• Like 1

He may go onto be a very good player, but rarely do athletes with a bad attitude ever go on to do anything but promise to deceive.

Good riddance and he’s guaranteed himself to be bood for the rest of his playing career if he ever does make it back to Villa Park.

I have no idea if he has a bad attitude or not, Gerrard  certainly hasn't said it. Football is a short career and he has no deep connection with Villa. He saw us as opportunity to develop and he, or probably his family and representatives think Chelsea is a better career move. We shall see if that was the right decision in the years to come.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Isn’t he the highest rated young player in the English youth set up? There was bound to be competition for him and Chelsea are probably pretty comfortable that he’ll be seen as a bargain in a few years time. 

Not as far as I know. He isnt even our highest rated English youth player.

Â