Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, hippo said:

It looked like he seen a brick wall at villa - but opportunity at Chelsea.

That might be their party line but come on that's just not true 

Chelsea have an army of kids out on loan every season, they're a graveyard, if he seriously believes that then his advisor has absolutely pulled his pisser

What does chuk signing mean for gilmour? Remember when he was a top talent breaking though there

• Like 3

To get a game for Chelsea now he's currently got to get in ahead of any of Jorginho, Mount or Kovacic.

Given the Bundesliga links over last 12 months I can see Chelsea loaning him out there in January or next summer. Or even go down the Holland route.

He's miles off starting in prem. He started for us v a relegated team (Burnley) and did very little bar running forward with the ball a few times. Jacob Ramsey is miles ahead so I'd rather concentrate on supporting the talented young players we do have in our squad, hopefully Kesler and Archer can also break through at some stage this season and then we have a nice core to build around.

Unbelievable business if £15-20M is correct for an 18-teen year old with one year left on his contract and who hasn't shown much in first team football. Quite shrewd by Purslow to talk him up the way he did.

I don't see how he will develop better and get more game time in Chelsea, they play a high tempo pressing football and Chuck is the opposite to that. I also think it's difficult to see what his position is, it's a bit like the same problem as with Pogba. Not a defensive midfielder, not dynamic enough to be a box to box, not fast and creative enough to be a 10. The best position for him is kind of a free role in the middle, I guess that's more of less what he has had in the youth teams. Don't think many teams nowadays can afford to have that kind of player who strives in a free mf role.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Chelsea have an army of kids out on loan every season, they're a graveyard, if he seriously believes that then his advisor has absolutely pulled his pisser

What does chuk signing mean for gilmour? Remember when he was a top talent breaking though there

Chelsea fans call it the loan army :)

Imagine if Chuck rocks up at Naarwich this season for his loan? :)  He and Rashisca can form their dream team! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

My Chelsea mate reckons clubs are only allowed to loan out 7 players this season … decreasing to 6 then 5 over the next 2 years.. be interesting to see how many they have out so far this season , but it could mean that  Gallagher and Broja will either be sold or get game time 

IMO Chuck will  get little to no game time at Chelsea so career wise it does seem a bit regressive even if he is joining an elite club 

But I’m sure both clubs know what they are doing ,and hopefully in a few years time we might not have to keep giving up our players to the  first big boy that waves the cheque book 

I dont think the restrictions count for U21s 

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not saying he is right. But he has observed (like a fair few on here) that certain villa midfielders are fixtures in the starting 11 come what may. 

Maybe he looks at Buendia not getting a start and thinks what chance do I have ?

Chelsea come knocking - and make a promise that the first 11 is picked on merit - he would be stark raving bonkers to turn it down.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not saying he is right. But he has observed (like a fair few on here) that certain villa midfielders are fixtures in the starting 11 come what may. 

Maybe he looks at Buendia not getting a start and thinks what chance do I have ?

Chelsea come knocking - and make a promise that the first 11 is picked on merit - he would be stark raving bonkers to turn it down.

It might be picked on merit but they still have a 3 man midfield and Kante, jorghino, kovacic, RLC, Gallagher, gilmour and Mount in there 

Chelsea fans seem convinced that Kante and jorghino will both leave on a free next summer and that's where he'll fit in 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It might be picked on merit but they still have a 3 man midfield and Kante, jorghino, kovacic, RLC, Gallagher, gilmour and Mount in there 

Chelsea fans seem convinced that Kante and jorghino will both leave on a free next summer and that's where he'll fit in 

Makes sense.

Like I say it looks like a good move for him. 

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Phillipe Coutinho cost less than Carney Chukuemeka. 

Peter Andre wrote a song about this.

(Its called "Insania").

Yep.

You can't buck the market - as someone once said.

2 hours ago, useless said:

He will be worth way more than £15m in the not too distant future, there's a very good reason he's been linked to all these top clubs, and has eventually been bought by a team like Chelsea and they've giving him a six year contract. It's obvious he's going to be a top player, I wouldn't rule him out getting game time at Chelsea, their attacking midfield options don't look great outside of Mount, but if he goes on loan, I'm not sure why that's been looked upon as a negative from his point of view, he will get sent to a decent club, get game time and will no doubt impress before going back to Chelsea eventually.

He's gone now time to focus on the youngsters still at the club, we're lucky that we have two other very good attacking midfielders coming through in Jacob and Aaron Ramsey, Jacob already more than proven at first team level, he's one of our best players, Aaron is a genuine top prospect as well, big season for him whether with us or out on loan.

Basically sad to see him go, think he will do very well, but looking on the bright side we're very lucky that we have so many other talented younsters at the club, incuding some that play Carney's position.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

Ok - so a promising 18 year old has left for another club - but we've got £20m to spend.

Fair play if your seeing a positive.

Better than Gary Cahill moving on for £5m. We’ve lost senior important players in the past for less, Delph , Barry ect for peanuts. Did you expect Purslow to hold a gun to Carney’s head a force him to sign? Sure it’s a shame to see him leave but got a decent fee for him more than City got for Sancho, more than QPR got for Sterling and £5m less that SHA got for Bellingham who was/is a bigger prospect.

• Like 1

That's another negative isn't it ?

You've obviously misunderstood my question.

Would it have been better to get £20m for Chukwuemeka now or have him for another season then lose him on a free?

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ok - so a promising 18 year old has left for another club - but we've got £20m to spend.

Fair play if your seeing a positive.

Honestly I see nothing but positives out of what you wrote. Thats an astounding amount of money to get for an unproven youth player.

Add in the fact he wanted to leave even though he was getting game time, I think the club have played a blinder.

If I was a Chelsea fan i would be watching chucks glamour reels and thinking "there is another one for the loan army, wake me when we sign more starters".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You've obviously misunderstood my question.

Would it have been better to get £20m for Chukwuemeka now or have him for another season then lose him on a free?

There is no debate there, better to have the 20m now, he is still learning his trade. An alternative question. If Villa spent 20m buying Chuk from another club, would we be happy?

• Like 2

Â