Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

23 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

He's a London boy, but if this happens again big questions need to be asked. We want to progress but we can't balance that with giving youth players a chance, that could become a problem.

Raised in Northampton wasn't he?

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Whilst I enjoyed the Vitesse gag, the more reliable sources have put it at £20m. 

Yeah, feels like the fee has defiinitely been leaked from our end. I would imagine Purslow may well have a relationship with Phil McNulty from his Liverpool days.

• Like 1

No katter what he is worth in the future and realistically it could be 100 million or 100 thousand due to his age, we have done brilliantly to get 20 mill for him now. An 18 year old with 12 months left on his deal. Superb stuff Purslow.  To put things into perspective Grealish was halfway through his Notts County loan at the same age.

And we have Tim and Jacob to compete for midfield positions this season now. Both Villa fans . 

Edited by MWARLEY2

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

what would you have done instead? we gave him first team opportunities, he didn't shine in them, but we offered him a big contract anyway, he didn't sign it.

i'm not sure what questions are to be asked

Nothing in this instance, time will tell if he has a legit concern regarding a pathway to the first team or if he wanted more money.

I'm saying if talented youth players look to move clubs in order to get game time then that is something that needs looking at, this is the first instance of it but I do fear it might become more of a regular occurrence.

Late to party, how do we know it’s £20 million, doesn’t say a fee on the officiaL site. The £20 million was us gesturing. Has a fee been reported on the Chelsea side. 

Also, good luck getting into the Chelsea midfield. Watch him get loaned out to League 1 after signing. It’ll either be that or he’ll turn them down waiting for Real Madrid to come in for him!

Edited by burchy

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

What would you have done? Give him £1m a week and made him captain? We can't be held to ransom by players. 

What questions need to be asked? We made him, apparently, an exceptional offer, and he didn't want to sign. Not a lot else we could have done really unless I'm missing something?

I said if it happens again.

25 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

20m is absolutely nothing for the best U20 talent in the country, I think he will go on to be a very good player providing he focuses on his football.

He can get a lot more game time for Chelsea than he can for us because they have so many games where they win with ease or the game is done at HT.

He's a London boy, but if this happens again big questions need to be asked. We want to progress but we can't balance that with giving youth players a chance, that could become a problem.

Dint see how you can criticise the club when they have given various youngsters opportunities.

This is on schmuk chuk only

• Thanks 2

Oh well, it’s sad that he has decided to go elsewhere to try and make his name in football. I had hopes that with more game time this season he could establish himself in our first team squad, and push on to the next level like Jacob Ramsey managed last season.

To be honest We have lost better players in the past for less money so I am not too gutted at this moment in time, this in time could change of course. In my opinion he still has a long way to go before he can claim he’s made it in the big time. 

Well done to the club on getting a decent fee for someone who is still unproven at the highest level. The two matches he started this season pretty much passed him by.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, messi11 said:

He was closer to 13 to be fair. #Geturfactsright 

???  He was 12.  That is a fact.  He wasn't 13.  That's is like saying someone born in Newcastle isn't English because they are closer to Scotland. 

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

I said if it happens again.

If it does? I don't think there is much the club can do different?

It is difficult to blood younger players when the fans scream for new signings all summer and demand instant results and improvement. 

Just now, allani said:

???  He was 12.  That is a fact.  He wasn't 13.  That's is like saying someone born in Newcastle isn't English because they are closer to Scotland. 

Newcastle / Scotland

Same thing to me ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wasn't saying 20m is a poor fee by the way, I think its very good considering the circumstances but likewise we'd be delighted if we poached the best U20 talent for 20m. I just don't think 20m is a lot of money in football now.

Can't do anything about him wanting to leave and it's win win for everyone but I hope it's not do with him feeling there's no pathway to the first team/starting 11 for him. Top clubs can offer more minutes and I hope other youth players don't look elsewhere to get minutes down the line.

Â