Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't like the fact that he thinks hes too good for us.

We don't know that he thinks that. We do know he's not from the area or country, and is understandably thinking over his next, significant move in his career, perhaps wanting to play in meaningful matches over being permanently benched by a middling PL team.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't like the fact that he thinks hes too good for us. Hes 18 played a handful of  first team games and bossed it at under 17/18/19 level where he is bigger and stronger than other players of that age.  If he doesnt want to be with us then fine go! 

There's stuff about him wanting more money than what we've offered

There's stuff about him wanting to play more games 

There's nothing about him thinking he's better than us or wanting to play for a better/bigger club

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

There's stuff about him wanting more money than what we've offered

There's stuff about him wanting to play more games 

There's nothing about him thinking he's better than us or wanting to play for a better/bigger club

Who knows but hes only 18, the financial aspect shouldn't come into it and its up to him to earn more game time.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mm Rooney did similar at 18 to Everton to join United yes he was a bit more high profile but turned down a number of deals so United could get him cheaper on deadline day

Rooney was a regular for Everton and had played, and scored a few goals for England at that point, I think? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

Villa good enough for coutinho but not for Carney. What's that all about?

Perhaps we shouldn't underestimate the effect that signing Coutinho (and Buendia) has had on his perception of his first team opportunities. Personally I think that he is capable of playing further back and he should also be seeing the positive of us playing a formation that features at least one or two and maybe as many as four positions where he can play.

Personally, I think he's got fantastic potential and he's a very good player now - I really hope he stays.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Xela said:

Rooney was a regular for Everton and had played, and scored a few goals for England at that point, I think? 

Of course but he was still 18 and he was rejecting record offers from Everton 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Of course but he was still 18 and he was rejecting record offers from Everton 

He was one of the best players in the league at 18. That's why he was rejecting record offer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He was one of the best players in the league at 18. That's why he was rejecting record offer.

of course but people were saying that Carney seems to be the first player of this age to do this and Gerrard and Rooney were used as examples who didnt do it at a similar age

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

of course but people were saying that Carney seems to be the first player of this age to do this and Gerrard and Rooney were used as examples who didnt do it at a similar age

If Chuk storms the World Cup in November with England, then he can demand a higher wage.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Carney has made 15 appearances and had a massive 300 minutes in total.

The comparison is ridiculous.

He's rumoured to have been offered 30k p/w but wants double which if true is pure greed imo. 

30k p/w is a more than decent wage given his age and stage of development especially considering Saka is on similar and is a regular prem starter and fully established England senior international.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What have I told you about listening to people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Carney has made 15 appearances and had a massive 300 minutes in total.

The comparison is ridiculous.

He's rumoured to have been offered 30k p/w but wants double which if true is pure greed imo. 

30k p/w is a more than decent wage given his age and stage of development especially considering Saka is on similar and is a regular prem starter and fully established England senior international.

Indeed.

The thing is, if Chuk is that demanding with money at his current age, with hardly any appearances, then it doesn't bode well for his career. End up being a mercenary, playing for the highest bidder. 

I know we don't know the facts and I hope its just exaggerated rumours, buts it not looking good. 

4 hours ago, useless said:

Also trust me when he gets a run of games he won't be 'miles off' the level of Bellingham.

Carney is no doubt very talented with a high ceiling in the game, but I’m sure I agree with this. Bellingham has the potential to be one of England’s greatest ever players, he doesn’t seem to have much weakness to his game.

Â