Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

£287,000 is the compensation fee we would be entitled to according to BM.

What a absolute joke

I don't think Barcelona even have that kind of money tbh :D 

• Haha 1

If Carney leaves for Barca then his intelligence is obviously lacking! If he thinks he is finding it hard to breakthrough at Villa, Barca have a plethora of talented youngsters and loads of quality players in his position. Pedri has just come through in his position and isn't going anywhere. He would be doing more harm to his career.

I doubt he intends to go anywhere this summer, but full intends to keep his options open. I believe Villa have the option of an extra year extension on his contract which would run his contract to 2024 also. 

5 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

If Carney leaves for Barca then his intelligence is obviously lacking! If he thinks he is finding it hard to breakthrough at Villa, Barca have a plethora of talented youngsters and loads of quality players in his position. Pedri has just come through in his position and isn't going anywhere. He would be doing more harm to his career.

I doubt he intends to go anywhere this summer, but full intends to keep his options open. I believe Villa have the option of an extra year extension on his contract which would run his contract to 2024 also. 

If he would rather play for Barca's B team and end up playing for some non entity Belgian outfit in 3 - 4 years time let him.

Sick of hearing about him and can't wait for this thread to be moved to other football.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

£287,000 is the compensation fee we would be entitled to according to BM.

What a absolute joke

I can see why Barca want him given the hype and the fact they can get him so cheap. If he doesn’t settle in a year they will flip him back to the prem for a ridiculous profit … 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

100% agree

I find it funny that dortmunds best youth prospect (and their best academy one for years) is currently having the exact same contract hold out with them because he thinks he doesn't get enough minutes 

Or chuks u19s team mate played 4 games last year for Dortmund compared to chuks 12 for us 

Yet villa fans still think dortmund is the place to go for youngsters, it's not, we play more youngsters than they do

But on the same path, weren’t we were one of the lowest in the prem to give minutes to youngsters?

Just looked and we gave 414 minutes, putting us 8th

Youth

Edited by mikeyp102

Sorry lads, but i've seen better prospects than Carney disappear into obscurity in the past.

Either due to bad decision making/advice, attitude or a combo of both.

Limiting both their professional and financial ceiling by wanting it all NOW.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

By opening his big mouth and tell the world we have the best 16 year old in the country 

Behave, footballing scouts knew who he was long before purslow told the fans 

It'll land firmly at the feet of his agent / advisor who's no doubt getting a great pay day for his church's new roof 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope so. Either the kid signs or we sell. I wont lose any sleep if he goes. Be disappointing to lose a big prospect with big potential but the grass isnt always greener as some youngsters find out e.g louie barry

I'd rather lose a big prospect than lose a key first team player. Carney will need a couple of years of game time before he becomes a key first team player and we would be weaker by a little bit giving him the time to get to that level. Better he goes now this summer for a fee.

We should be straight up with him and his agent. He won't be considered for game time of he doesn't sign a new deal as we will lose him for the same FIFA training fees of he moves abroad or a tribunal if he stays in UK.

Either way no further time should be invested in him at all if he is leaving the club or not showing commitment by action of signing a new contract. 

• Like 3

Â