Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

In case anyone wants to spend more time than a normal person should editing together all of Carney's touches from the last season. Don't do it! See below

Edited by blandy
Fixed link
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CalVilla88 said:

In case anyone wants to spend more time than a normal person should editing together all of Carney's touches from the last season. Don't do it! See below

Some things I took away from putting this together were

1) Great control and one touch passing in close areas but sometimes if there is not an immediate obvious option, he'll dwell on the ball a little too long. This will definitely improve with experience. 

2) Out of possession he was a little passive/behind the play at first but got better at the end of the season. Particularly in the Liverpool and Burnley matches where he fought for the ball more. 

3) He struggles judging the ball in the air. Not even just long balls kicked from Emi. Sometimes just even a little ball kicked up 15 ft high he want trap it right away. I think he can improve that tho. 

Admittedly, I originally felt I only saw some glimpses of promise but overall nothing special. Now I definitely see more promise in him than before I started this compilation. Afterall he was just 17 at the start of the season. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CalVilla88 said:

watching that footage you'd think we'd been duped into playing  Ali Dia

but , before anyone jumps on me ,  I know he's a youngster with a lot of promise  ..... but that's all he is at the moment , he's not ready for regular premier league football yet 

33 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

but , before anyone jumps on me ,  I know he's a youngster with a lot of promise  ..... but that's all he is at the moment , he's not ready for regular premier league football yet 

He definitely is not ready especially with the aims for this season the club says it has. He needs a loan in the championship but we have to get that contract signed first. 

32 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

And hopefully someone will sit his representation down with videos like this and make that  clear . He is not the second coming . But he is hugely promising and is capable with a bit of luck , a bit of maturity and a big work ethic of getting to the level required.

Carney knows the levels. He sees JJ in training every day.

Imagine them  sitting down with Barcelona and them asking for a highlights package and then being shown that....

7 minutes ago, CalVilla88 said:

He definitely is not ready especially with the aims for this season the club says it has. He needs a loan in the championship but we have to get that contract signed first. 

I might be wrong but a loan i think would be a disaster for him. I just get that feeling that the first time someone screams at him for not tracking back he will be effected. He doesnt seem tough to me like JJ . Probably been told he is destined for the very top for a long while now. 

He will get plenty of minutes this season as its the 5 subs rule plus he is a year older. 

Seemed he was starting to learn the defensive lessons during the Euros. Tracked back and tackled quite a few times and was more disciplined positionally than before. 

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

He's gone. Like I said earlier, there's a reason he hasn't agreed to an extension. 

I do not want us to be petty but if these rumours are true then i want us to sink all our efforts into Tommi O' Reilly and Aaron Ramseys development. Zero point in developing a player who isnt going to stay here.

Will be a big shame but you can't keep em all. 

• Like 4

If he’s struggling to make much of an impact for us, I really can’t see how he can expect to go and get into a Barcelona side.  I’m struggling to see how this makes sense for his career. 

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Barcelona in their current state would be a disaster move for him, but oh well 

Not really, whilst they are in a very strange (bankrupt) financial position, the team has some very very talented young players, Carney going into that team with those players could be really good. 

But let’s see how he gets on this year, still wouldn’t be surprised if he was waiting for the youth Euros to be played out, having won it he’ll be in a better position to negotiate a better salary.

Just now, grobs said:

Just bin him off, he’s not really been good for us so I don’t understand the hype. I reckon I could play well against Israel under 21’s

yet is a reason you are on a messageboard and he is being linked with Barcelona :P 

• Like 1

Â