Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

4 hours ago, WHY said:

I like Chuck, you can see he has something but if he wants more minutes he should bust his balls a little more when he gets the chance to play. He’s not warranted more minutes so far imo. Before people start quoting me, my eyes don’t lie. 

I think when he has so many suitors like he has, it changes things.....He can go just about anywhere he wants, whether that will be a good thing for him, is a gamble he has to make.

The grass is not always greener....but it seems to me, with what little, I know....His mind is made up.

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Not based on their first team appearances so far

Carney, to be fair, as hardly had any. He's certainly more gifted than Luiz and should end up being a better player. Different players, but Carney has a much higher ceiling. I want both in our squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Carney, to be fair, as hardly had any. He's certainly more gifted than Luiz and should end up being a better player. Different players, but Carney has a much higher ceiling. I want both in our squad.

Fwiw Luiz used to put in very dominant displays at youth level. 

Great he’s doing well and having a good summer. But still a long way to go before he’s dominating the bigger boys. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Fwiw Luiz used to put in very dominant displays at youth level.

Great he’s doing well and having a good summer. But still a long way to go before he’s dominating the bigger boys.

I like Luiz, but he can't eat up turf like Carney. The fact he doesn't have the speed to get away from players does limit him a bit.

4 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I really wish we could give the boy the game time he desires. But, as things stand, we’re not in the position to gamble  our results on him.

Yes imagine if it all went wrong and we finished lower midtable instead of upper midtable.

On the other hand maybe he’d absolutely rip it up with a run of games and we’d finish upper midtable instead of lower midtable.

I actually think he’ll stay and do really well, and I don’t think we will sign another CM which will upset a few on here but be for the best long term.

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Yes imagine if it all went wrong and we finished lower midtable instead of upper midtable.

On the other hand maybe he’d absolutely rip it up with a run of games and we’d finish upper midtable instead of lower midtable.

I actually think he’ll stay and do really well, and I don’t think we will sign another CM which will upset a few on here but be for the best long term.

What ever could of been, could of been. The reality is he didn’t have a lot of game time last season. It appears he’s not signing a new contract, because he wants game time… game time we didn’t give him and probably struggle give him next season too. 

who knows, we’ll see

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

behave 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Not based on their first team appearances so far

I'm not behaving. Its true. You will see next season

24 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I like Luiz, but he can't eat up turf like Carney. The fact he doesn't have the speed to get away from players does limit him a bit.

Didn’t see Carney eat up any turf in the Premjer league. Seemed quite laboured. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

That's a fair point. Defo doing it for the U19s.

That’s the thing with youth football, players that are bigger and stronger for their age stand out and look like world beaters, then can’t make the step up. Many such cases.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That’s the thing with youth football, players that are bigger and stronger for their age stand out and look like world beaters, then can’t make the step up. Many such cases.

Yeah or equally on the flip side teenage players who are totally capable of the step up and will eventually make it need to mature a bit more than their bodies have at 18 to compete for 90 mins with full-grown men who train every single day.

Whether he makes it at Villa, makes it somewhere else, becomes a world class player  or fades into obscurity i think the one thing he does have is incredible style. He is wonderful to watch when he is doing his thing. Such quick and soft feet. He isnt a show off in possession. But he just does it with real style. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Well that is like an option. They can't sell to someone else for 50m without first giving Chelski the option at 38m if it is still within the buyback period. I'm with Sidcow, the two are broadly the same.

It's exactly why it wouldn't work for us. No way we'd set a fee, that another club wouldn't match or beat (assuming we thought he was worth it), and if they're better than us that's where he's going.

% Sell on would be the better option for a club in our position.

he's been holding his own in the premier league in the appearances he's had this season, but it's the performances against serbia and austria u21s that have made people debate whether he should be starting 🤔

54 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

he's been holding his own in the premier league in the appearances he's had this season, but it's the performances against serbia and austria u21s that have made people debate whether he should be starting 🤔

U19s!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Different players, styles etc but still remains to be seen if Carney can do this against the best of the best. He’s a physical specimen against 19 Yr olds, time will tell if he keeps that athletic advantage against worlds best players in PL. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

Depends what you mean by holding his own. He wasn’t bad but if you ignore his age for a second, he didn’t massively impress either. That’s not a criticism because obviously he is young and has bags of potential but we can’t sacrifice our own results to repeatedly start a kid for his development or to get him to sign a contract.
He should be nothing more than a well used squad player until he proves himself worthy of a start (or injuries provide him with an unexpected opportunity). Five subs and a cup run or two will give him loads of game time this season. 

• Like 3

Â