• Samatta
    • Grealish
    • Nakamba (Drinkwater 59)
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 68)
    • Samatta (Bastón 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/02/20 at 23:59

1 minute ago, PaddytheVillan said:

What did the ref do wrong? I voted average as I'd say all in all he didn't get much wrong.  Aurier probably should've been booked. 

It feels like we are using the ref as an excuse to cover up that shocking defensive display.  

Shit defending I can agree with.

Referee letting Spuds get away with multiple fouls, mostly on Grealish, for the whole game stinks of backhander.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Best player on the pitch for me. Looks a steal at £8.5mil and seems to have pace as well as the ability to hold the ball up. 

Unfortunately Smith took him off which got Spurs back in the game and allowed them to get on the front foot to win the game, absolutely sickening decision to sub him off in my opinion.

Yeah it wasn’t Smith or Baston that let them back in the game.

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

For ****’s **** sake! We had the winning of that and should have got at least one more, probably two, before they got a sniff at goal in the first half. Spurs were panicky in defence and wasteful in attack. 

Jack had a great game as usual but I worry that we have now got into the habit of feeding him for every attack, and his decision-making around the final ball wasn’t great today in terms of when to shoot and when and how to pass. So relying so much on him has a downside.

Reina was superb in goal and we may have taken a bigger beating without him. Felt so sorry for him over the penalty. 

Silly defensive mistakes let us down as so often. May I hereby take back all the nice things I said about Engels in the match thread? 😡

I thought Jack G was selfish too. There was one moment where he had the ball and Targett was in acres of space on the left, instead of passing it to him he elected to shoot which was blocked and Spurs won the ball back. 

I love him and he's clearly our best player, but he's going for glory too much when he could take the simple option.

I personally felt Douglas Luiz was brilliant today and is starting to look a class act. Unfortunately the quality players we do have are being let down by others (e.g. Drinkwater, Engels). Funnily enough I wanted Engels to play today, then he's at fault for 2 of their goals. 

• Like 2

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

This Chester stuff is **** boring. He didn't play for us in +40 league games was nowhere near our team for winning promotion run and was prone to howlers and we lost against Fulham in cup last he played. Get over him already

Okay then we're was the leadership we needed on the backline today?

Chester is also slow and ponderous on the ball. Him playing today would have made no difference. 

The simple truth is we have so many poor players at CB and have recruited very badly in this area. Wish we'd signed Vida as he'd have probably been a good acquisition given his experience playing at the top level. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Shit defending I can agree with.

Referee letting Spuds get away with multiple fouls, mostly on Grealish, for the whole game stinks of backhander.

Ridiculous comment really. Backhander for  what? I wish he had done more to protect Grealish from persistent fouling but that applies to every ref in the league.

The controversial decisions were made by VAR, which referees play no part in.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Just now, jonjon said:

Watched the whole game on Sky, thought you were very unlucky to not get at least a point, as a neutral it's easy to see your defence is the major problem, John Terry is supposed to be coaching your defence, Am I right?, well,  on that showing, as well as others, he's stealing a living and just trading on his name alone, he needs replacing urgently with a experience defensive coach for the remaining games, if you were to do that I think you will survive, and I hope you do.

I think I agree, 

16 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Without Engles’ stupid error, it would have finished 2-2 and most of us would have been pleased with a point. Fine margins make all the difference. 

See the thing is though mate, he did make the mistake and it didn't finish 2-2. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I thought Jack G was selfish too. There was one moment where he had the ball and Targett was in acres of space on the left, instead of passing it to him he elected to shoot which was blocked and Spurs won the ball back. 

I love him and he's clearly our best player, but he's going for glory too much when he could take the simple option.

To be fair he set up the Engels goal and put 2 on a plate for Luiz and Trezeguet which they duly f#*ked up. 

He should probably have about 20 assists this season if he wasn't surrounded by so much shite

• Like 4

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Terrific performance, well done to every player and Deano and the Coaching staff.

In no way did Sours look like a team with years and millions of pounds advantage over us.

If we repeat that level of performance we will stay up comfortably.

Not read any comments yet but I’m certain there will be a few that are critical.

Will make it nice and easy to update my Ignore list.

Therein lies the problem Terry. I'm already bracing myself for a shite 2-0 performance at Southampton. 

• Like 4

Â