• Samatta
    • Grealish
    • Nakamba (Drinkwater 59)
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 68)
    • Samatta (Bastón 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/02/20 at 23:59

Actually played OK, as well as Spurs, they just have more threat up top. 

Engelschas shown us quite a few errors in his past 4-5 appearances. Our defence is poor, we just look flat footed defending.

Reina was terrific, as was Targett for me. Still not really playing Samatta in, just goes to show how much sh*t Wesley was getting for no good reason. Don’t think there was much our defenders could do against an onward rushing Son, Guilbert was first there, tracked him but would always be 5 yards behind.

• Like 3

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Did you watch it? I've not looked at the stats. Son missed a hattrick of sitters alone. Bergwijn missed another, I think Moura missed one. 

Yes. Have you seen the match stats? According to what I just heard on the telly it was 20/20 in terms of attempts. And we constantly had more possession the entire match. 

If we had half decent centre backs we'd be a different team.

Hause thinks he's far better on the ball than the Trainwreck he is.

Engels can't deal with any space in behind him. 

The amount of times we had opportunity to clear the danger and just gave it right to a spurs player today was obscene.

However we created so much today, and controlled large parts of the game and deserved more.

Find it surprising that some can blame smith after the individual errors made this game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MadridVilla said:

Won't be letting a last minute goal overshadow a game where we matched a top side. We were much better than before the winter break and deserved at least a point imo. 

We just made one too many errors today. Simple as that.

Gutting to lose in that fashion, but there's still positives to take.

We did but how many chances did we gift to Son 

• Like 2

Wow. I'm so angry yet i knew it was coming. Actually looked like we could score the winner. Then smith takes off samatta, brings on baston and we lose all attacking impetus.

Why didnt engels just put his **** boot through it? So sloppy and **** unforgivable. This will shatter us mentally. 

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Did you watch it? I've not looked at the stats. Son missed a hattrick of sitters alone. Bergwijn missed another, I think Moura missed one. 

They absolutely battered us. 3-2 flattered Villa. Crushing to lose the way we did but you can’t argue Spurs didn’t deserve it. Son could have scored 10 on his own. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

sadly were are similar to Norwich, spirited periods of attacking play but always guaranteed to concede a lot of goals.

I thought the exact same at half time. A half decent team, but not able to grind out results similar to the likes of Burnley and Newcastle.

• Like 3

Jack and Luiz were good, as were Samatta and El-Ghazi. At the back, Reina finally lost the heroic battle against our defenders, who managed to gift a goal to Spurs at the end.

With Engels, Konsa and Hause as your back three, you know you won't survive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

We're still 17th

This isn’t really relevant in the sense that we are not playing well and even when we setup up our performance it’s against better opposition and it still isn’t good enough.

we beat Bournemouth on that performance, we aren’t matching winning performances against the right opposition.

relegation more likely now I’m afraid 

• Confused 1

3 centre backs today and none were good enough - 23 shots for spurs , go back to a back four and 3 in middle as the defenders are not good enough for a back 3 - attacking wise we look decent , Samatta looks the business but this defence will send us down .

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

They absolutely battered us. 3-2 flattered Villa. Crushing to lose the way we did but you can’t argue Spurs didn’t deserve it. Son could have scored 10 on his own. 

But the stats said we did okay! 

Nonsense isn't it. They scored 3. Missed 5 sitters. Cut us apart over and over again. Suggesting a routine save for Lloris is the same as us clearing one off the line is ridiculous, just because the stats count it the same. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jjaacckk91 said:

If we had half decent centre backs we'd be a different team.

Hause thinks he's far better on the ball than the Trainwreck he is.

Engels can't deal with any space in behind him. 

The amount of times we had opportunity to clear the danger and just gave it right to a spurs player today was obscene.

However we created so much today, and controlled large parts of the game and deserved more.

Find it surprising that some can blame smith after the individual errors made this game.

But the individual errors are coming because the players are being coached into thinking it’s a fantastic idea to play tika taka football at the back. 

Yes, the errors aren’t Smiths fault, but what’s our game plan? We have no idea how to win ugly. Why is Engels even attempting to control the ball at the end? Just stick your laces through it! 

Smith doesn’t have the players to play the style he wants. 

• Like 1

We played ok against other top teams - but the point yield was the same ....zero !

We are perhaps 50/50 v the teams around us 

Other than the arse falling out of a couple relegation rivals  - I think we are done for

Our defence is f@cking awful, and, if we go down,  will be the reason for us doing so.

Buying cheap in an important area could well cost us. Let's face it, our defence has been shit all season.

Samatta and El Ghazi and Grealish and Reina were excellent. Target and Guilbert were ok. Midfield and center backs were abysmal.

Reina MOM.

• Like 1

Loving all the complex reasoning on here but bottom line is simple ..... had Mings played, we would have won and we would have won easy and the same miserable types on here would be jerking their way through every box of tissues they could lay their hands on !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

You watched a different game to me.

I still have hope, but only because there are other teams equally as capable of catastrophe and we remain 17th despite some poor results. We have tough games but so does everyone else down there.

• Like 1

Â