Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

davis, yes, samatta, no...we need additional forwards as things stand. we wouldn't sign 2 and then sell 2. davis i think will go on loan, i dont see samatta going anywhere.

Agree with this, we need a back-up.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

In which case we'd probably only need to sign just 1 more winger, considering Watkins is more than adequate cover. Might even make good business sense.

This ^^. Would likely spell the end for Samatta and Davis at the club to be honest as another poster has already mentioned. Would love us to go for Sarr for the RW. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Cavani inbound then.

it's happening ron paul GIF

What we gonna do with 5 strikers?!

200.gif

If we got Watkins and Edouard clearly Davis and Samatta would be toast.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Personally I think only 4 outfield players are worth their spot in the first team and 3 of those either are playing in Central midfield or would like to be. Only one is a defender. So for me there are 6 positions that need to be addressed 3 in attack and 3 in defence. 

Konsa and Targett did OK, but for me have weak points which may mean they never can be considered quality for their position. Targett has a lack of pace and agility which is vital if you have to fend off quick skillful wingers. Konsa is weak in the air for a CB and lacks a bit of body strength.  Engels has the turning circle of a bus with the acceleration to match, which is why he is the human bus!

Spot on ! Ideally we need to replace 7 outfield players but that might be too much at once. But certainly 4 new faces will need to be in our starting line up and at least 3 new players by the opening fixture. We need a strong CB who can play RB or LB as im torn between whether we need to keep faith in Targett or Guilbert. AEG or Trez we should keep one as a bench player as we dont have the time or energy to look for squad players on top of finding key starting players. But some of the comments on here are comical. You are deluded if you think that we do not need to touch our defence .. seriously guys are you that naive or just not ambitious. 2 wingers and a striker and most believe thats all we need. I said 5 players but it’s beginning to look like 6 when you look around the board. People are saying 3-4 quality players listen its not 3-4 or even 4-5 its gonna be 5-6 and listen thats not saying get a new team or doing a last year but look at that list and that’s exactly what we need and we struggle without that, we dont have to throw them all in at the same time but 4 will need to be in there straight away and even then i would like to add a RB or LB to that list but i will not anger the fans that want to sign 3 players max

1x CB 

1x LW

1x RW

1x CM

1x ST 

1x GK

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

Lallana and Mertens would be solid additions on free transfers. I doubt either would command a wage like Cavani or Higuain either.

You mean Lallana who signed for Brighton 4 weeks ago?

:D

Edited by Steero113
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rayk said:

Who on earth is Villa Mole?

Id love both but I reckon it’s just one and Watkins is the most likely.

And if we signed both, no way would we also sign Rashica and Jack would play AM not LW.

VILLAMOLERED.gif

For me, we need a new front three, someone who can play DM and someone who can play RCB. Now, if we could get Denzel Dumfries from PSV Eindhoven he can play RB or RCB so can cover both positions if needed. Buy Christian Luyindama from Galatasaray he can play both RCB and DM so again could fill both roles. Both would cost around £25m max. Get three forwards for £75m and we're sorted 

Edouard = £30m plus Hourihane. Throw in Hogan on loan? 

Watkins = £25m

Rashica = £20m + El Ghazi on loan? 

Try to offload Jota, Engels etc and loan out Davis to get some needed goalscoring experience. 

17 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Spot on ! Ideally we need to replace 7 outfield players but that might be too much at once. But certainly 4 new faces will need to be in our starting line up and at least 3 new players by the opening fixture. We need a strong CB who can play RB or LB as im torn between whether we need to keep faith in Targett or Guilbert. AEG or Trez we should keep one as a bench player as we dont have the time or energy to look for squad players on top of finding key starting players. But some of the comments on here are comical. You are deluded if you think that we do not need to touch our defence .. seriously guys are you that naive or just not ambitious. 2 wingers and a striker and most believe thats all we need. I said 5 players but it’s beginning to look like 6 when you look around the board. People are saying 3-4 quality players listen its not 3-4 or even 4-5 its gonna be 5-6 and listen thats not saying get a new team or doing a last year but look at that list and that’s exactly what we need and we struggle without that, we dont have to throw them all in at the same time but 4 will need to be in there straight away and even then i would like to add a RB or LB to that list but i will not anger the fans that want to sign 3 players max

1x CB 

1x LW

1x RW

1x CM

1x ST 

1x GK

Take a breath mate! 

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

For me, we need a new front three, someone who can play DM and someone who can play RCB. Now, if we could get Denzel Dumfries from PSV Eindhoven he can play RB or RCB so can cover both positions if needed. Buy Christian Luyindama from Galatasaray he can play both RCB and DM so again could fill both roles. Both would cost around £25m max. Get three forwards for £75m and we're sorted 

Edouard = £30m plus Hourihane. Throw in Hogan on loan? 

Watkins = £25m

Rashica = £20m + El Ghazi on loan? 

Try to offload Jota, Engels etc and loan out Davis to get some needed goalscoring experience. 

I wouldn’t want us part with Hourihane this season but could see us using Jota and/or Hogan as makeweight to bring in Edouard