Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

32 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

True but we looked like a mid table team post lockdown

I think our midfield is really good. Jack is superb on the left. Samatta and Wesley are both crap, hoping for a big season for Keinan. Trezeguet on the right is a bit like Weimann, works like a horse and will ship in with a goal every now and then but limited player.

Our defence is ok. Targett still terrifies me defensively but he is good going forward. Heaton on his way back.

I don't think it's as bad as people are suggesting if we make no signings.

Exactly, things aren’t as bad as they seem.

Plus we’ve got a very good manager with a season of premier league nous under his belt. 

It’d be nice to see the club just meet the asking price of a player and get a deal over the line, much like Sheff Utd did with Ramsdale.

Im not saying we should bleed silly money for Edouard, Watkins or Benrahma, but Weston McKennie was rumoured to be £15m-£20m and that should be a no brainier at that price.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, MCU said:

A new week, still no signings. For a team that’s narrowly escaped relegation, 3 weeks away from the season starting and we still haven’t signed a player... that is grim.

- From an overreacting villa fan 

Villa fan you say? Judging you purely by your username I thought you were a confused Manc 😉 🤝

Just now, beachboys1 said:

no sign of any one coming this week whats going on

There's never any sign of transfers with the way we do our dealings these days - they seem to happen out of the blue tbf, so not much point fretting about it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was very good for West Brom last season

Yes, good player and fits the criteria ie young winger ....albeit fairly inexperienced.

West Ham have to sell before they can buy so could be something in this one. The Baggies must be interested too and Im sure that’s why West Ham did a U—turn by not making him available for loaning out and stuck a £25m price tag on his head.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was very good for West Brom last season

Numbers look pretty good - worse than Benrahma in terms of games per goal/assist, but not by a huge amount(1.48 to 1.4). It's worth noting that Benrahma's sample size is over the course of two seasons, whereas this kid's is only 20 games or so. 

Worth a look for a squad player, but I think I'd prefer us to be aiming higher for the first team. 

EDIT - 25 mil? Pffffft. The dildo bros are having a laugh with that. 

Edited by lexicon
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

Yes, good player and fits the criteria ie young winger ....albeit fairly inexperienced.

West Ham have to sell before they can buy so could be something in this one. The Baggies must be interested too and Im sure that’s why West Ham did a U—turn by not making him available for loaning out and stuck a £25m price tag on his head.

£25m is a lot of money for a fairly inexperienced winger but I do trust Smith, I think he knows what he’s doing. Diangana isn’t the finished article, far from it but he has a lot of potential 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Numbers look pretty good - worse than Benrahma in terms of games per goal/assist, but not by a huge amount(1.48 to 1.4). It's worth noting that Benrahma's sample size is over the course of two seasons, whereas this kid's is only 20 games or so. 

Worth a look for a squad player, but I think I'd prefer us to be aiming higher for the first team. 

£25m for a squad player?

15 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Diangana believe anything they say.

I would like to see Diangana unchained from his current club................. Where's me coat? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

£25m for a squad player?

Florian Thauvin seems to be available for around €20M, just to put that (and possibly Buendia) in perspective. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lexicon said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-interested-shock-move-18818087

This rag is linking us with Grady Diangana - never heard of him before - any good?

He was one of West Ham's wide forward / wingers I recommended us going for a while back just because they're completely overstocked in that area. He had a great season with West Brom and what I'd read was that Bilic had confirmed they wanted him back this season, but wouldn't be able to meet the £15mil asking price from West Ham and loaning him another season wasn't an option.