Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It really isn't. Its a subscription service, they won't make money from people clicking on a link. 

They make money from subscriptions. Overall I find the athletic to be very good.

Yes the Grealish article I couldn't complete without subscribing therefore click bait to make me subscribe

6 hours ago, rayk said:

On the Ramsdale transfer rumour, irrespective of what you think of him as a player has any ‘last minute’ hijacking of a transfer ever really worked out? I’m sure there must be but I really can’t remember the last one?

Easy.

Liverpool snatching David Speedie from us at the last minute worked out very well indeed.........for us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I don’t think wages are the issue, it’s more a case of to the outside world we are viewed as a team that scraped survival and likely will be in a similar predicament next season. 

All it would take would be one marquee signing to help with that, but I don’t think it is possible. Proper players just won’t want to come. 

By your logic, ‘proper’ players won’t want to sign for us unless the current players we do have, or ones who we sign who are only as good as them get us further up the table. These marquee signings will then want to play for us? There’s no logic behind your argument. There are many reasons why a footballer would wish to join us, money being a big one, players normally out of your range can be persuaded with higher wages. As well as that, we are a premier league club, nobody can say we’re going to be in another dogfight as non of us know so we’re still an exciting prospect in that regard. Also, players have kids, wives, mates at other clubs they might want to be local to. There’s a hundred different things that could persuade a player to move clubs. Personally I feel we have many in our favour. Don’t panic, once the first few transfers start going through you’ll see more activity at our level. I’m sure we’re chasing our targets, I’m just sure that we won’t know anything about it until it’s more or less done.

Edited by 7392craig

20 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Yes it is. He’s back

It's not him. He pretends that he is but it's not. The original guy also knew mostly incomings because of the medicals, he didn't speculate otherwise. He never claimed many outgoings. His way of posting is different too.

Edited by Trickster

There seems to be far more pretend ITKs/journos this window than usual. They haven't got the slightest clue and yet twitter just laps it up. 

Muted a fair few accounts over the past few days so I don't have to constantly see it. 

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

People say the Villa Facebook pages are full of drooling Alf Garnett word, but these top boys know the score...

Screenshot_20200817-195830__01.jpg

I do feel sorry for the VillaReport guy he must work his arse off trawling through twitter for updates constantly only to get slagged off when he tweets news with its source clearly displayed. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

If it's not the lad who was friends with Dean Smith's son I'm not interested. 

Oh yeah, he ‘broke’ the Luiz news last summer didn’t he!? I bet Dean’s son got a bollocking for that! 😂 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I do feel sorry for the VillaReport guy he must work his arse off trawling through twitter for updates constantly only to get slagged off when he tweets news with its source clearly displayed. 

Tbh the villa report guy is probably the best source on twitter as it saves the said trawling and because he adds his source you can immediately take a view on whether it’s worth even looking at. 

• Like 2