Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

24 minutes ago, rayk said:

I think you also said Edouard wasn’t pacy enough for counter attacking football which was very odd given how quick Edouard is.

But the most baffling thing though is you’ve formed this rigid view on Edouard, and the comparison to Kodjia when you openly admit you’ve seen very little of Edoaurd.

Thats a real head scratcher.

I know this is hard to understand, but it is possible to form an opinion of a player after watching him. It may change when you watch him more and it may not. 

I don't have a rigid view on him at all. I simply gave my brief opinion on the matter based on what I've seen of him so far. I generally have no problems changing my view on matters when I see a reason too. 

The funny bit is that people can't accept this and try and invent stuff that's never has been said at all. Why is it a problem to you I find him similar to Kodjia? It's just an opinion. 

It's possible people have a different view on things, despite that a few here think their opinion has to be the opinion of everyone else. 

The real headscratcher here is that this has to be explained. 

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:
23 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I know this is hard to understand, but it is possible to form an opinion of a player after watching him. It may change when you watch him more and it may not. 

I don't have a rigid view on him at all. I simply gave my brief opinion on the matter based on what I've seen of him so far. I generally have no problems changing my view on matters when I see a reason too. 

The funny bit is that people can't accept this and try and invent stuff that's never has been said at all. Why is it a problem to you I find him similar to Kodjia? It's just an opinion. 

It's possible people have a different view on things, despite that a few here think their opinion has to be the opinion of everyone else. 

The real headscratcher here is that this has to be explained. 

Don't know what happened with the double quote but: 

Bit in bold. You keep saying this to people. Firstly, it's very patronising. Secondly, Do you think everyone is having a hard time understanding your point or do you think your point is so bizarre that it makes it difficult to understand?

The one common denominator in people struggling to understand is the point you are trying to make....

• Like 4

Just now, paul514 said:

Seriously? Is this real? Best part of 20 million on a keeper when we have so many pressing issues to sort in our transfer business?

Currently our keeper is Nyland......enough said!

• Like 2

But our squad also contains Heaton, Steer & Kalinic along with Nyland. I really hope we'll be able to sell at least of those if we aim to bring in another keeper. And if we are to spend that much money on a keeper I really hope we have those £100m or whater on top of that money because £80m is not going to be enough to fix the rest of our issues unless we strike gold with every single signing.

If we could get Ramsdale for £20m then it would be just as important a buy as any to begin to build a strong PL core to our side for the longer term. Just because he isn't a "flashy winger" doesn't mean its not super important.

It also (if any of it is actually true btw) suggests we have a serious kitty to spend. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sne said:

But our squad also contains Heaton, Steer & Kalinic along with Nyland. I really hope we'll be able to sell at least of those if we aim to bring in another keeper. And if we are to spend that much money on a keeper I really hope we have those £100m or whater on top of that money because £80m is not going to be enough to fix the rest of our issues unless we strike gold with every single signing.

Got a feeling 2 of them will be moved on, probably Nyland and Kalinic?

1 minute ago, sne said:

Heaton is the only one good enough, and he is injury prone and getting old; Its probably the area most in need of addressing!

• Like 1

Reina has gone. Kalinic will leave. Smith has rightly lost faith in Nyland so I'd imagine he will leave. That leaves us with Heaton who is not yet back from a long term injury and Steer who has also had a history of long term injuries. We clearly need a keeper.

• Like 1

I understand that the forward line is the more obviously pressing issue, but I've no issue at all if we were to spend on a keeper, Ramsdale or otherwise. I think people are underestimating the gravity of the situation with Heaton, not only will he not be fit for the beginning of the season, but there's a realistic chance that he won't be at his previous level again given the combination of the severity of the injury and his age. Despite the fact we all like Steer I think it's fair to say his ceiling at this level is as a solid back up, and even his fitness is in question, while the rest of our options are emphatically not good enough. If it's been identified as something that needs addressing then I'm all for it.

Also I don't understand people kicking off asking why we're in for a keeper when we need a striker/winger more. For one this is just a rumour that we don't know the legitimacy of, but even if it is the case that doesn't mean we aren't also in for other positions or that they haven't been prioritised more than signing a keeper. Transfers are more complicated than that and the constant reports about Watkins, Rachica etc by the same logic probably point to us not thinking we're in more desperate need of a goalkeeper than adding to the forward line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Heaton is the only one good enough, and he is injury prone and getting old; Its probably the area most in need of addressing!

Disagree, but depending on Heaton's long term status we will need to address it. But still we already have 4 senior keepers on solid to high wages and we can't add a 5th one. It's ridiculous.

If Heaton is a goner then yeah it's a priority, if not then I think we have 4 or 5 areas with higher priority. RW, CF, CM, CB and maybe a upgrade on one of the full backs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If we could get Ramsdale for £20m then it would be just as important a buy as any to begin to build a strong PL core to our side for the longer term. Just because he isn't a "flashy winger" doesn't mean its not super important.

It also (if any of it is actually true btw) suggests we have a SERIOUS KITTY to spend. 

funny cat GIF

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Disagree, but depending on Heaton's long term status we will need to address it. But still we already have 4 senior keepers on solid to high wages and we can't add a 5th one. It's ridiculous.

If Heaton is a goner then yeah it's a priority, if not then I think we have 4 or 5 areas with higher priority. RW, CF, CM, CB and maybe a upgrade on one of the full backs.

Wouldnt matter if we had 8 keepers on the books, if they are not good enough we are putting ourselves in real danger not getting a good one in!

Even when Heaton gets back he will always be liable to another injury...then what? 

Its basics getting that position sorted!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Signings generally aren't made in the order of priority. The club will be working on several deals at once. Sometimes a lesser priority signing gets completed first. It doesn't mean other deals aren't being worked on.

Also, we have 4 senior keeper, two of which will be leaving and 2 have been injured for most of 2020.

• Like 1

The problem with Heaton's injury is that unfortunately, it's at risk at going again even after so long recovering.

My mate did his ACL in his knee and still tries to do 5 a side when he can but over the years he's had to be carried out of the place by us to go to the hospital. 

It's not like a leg break when it seems to come back just as strong/stronger. 

He could be fine but he could quite as easily go again unfortunately and as mentioned, as much as I think Steer is under-rated, his history of injuries isn't very good. 

Kalinic is just nowhere in the picture and seemingly has no future. Nyland has his moments of World class saves but then follows it up with non-league mistakes many, many times and simply can't be relied upon. Reina is too slow for a sustained number 1 now. 

Just having a lot of players covering 1 position doesn't mean we're okay there. 

Nyland and Kalinic need to move on and then we're left with Heaton and Steer who would normally be fine but none of them can be relied upon to finish the coming season fit enough to be in sticks. 

• Like 1