Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, VillaChris said:

Valencia in some financial chaos again, Maxi Gomez might be available for second summer. Kevin Gameiro on a season long would be good aswell.

Ferran Torres going to Man City apparently. He's refusing to sign a new contract so they get for for less than half of his €100m release clause (according to Spanish papers)

Still, this will help with their finances a bit.

Just now, sne said:

Ferran Torres going to Man City apparently. He's refusing to sign a new contract so they get for for less than half of his €100m release clause (according to Spanish papers)

Still, this will help with their finances a bit.

He's pretty good. Probably won't be a starter for Man. City straight away but got decent pace and football intelligent. Kondogbia is another who'd be a great fit for us but will likely have plenty of CL teams after him.

Just now, VillaChris said:

He's pretty good. Probably won't be a starter for Man. City straight away but got decent pace and football intelligent. Kondogbia is another who'd be a great fit for us but will likely have plenty of CL teams after him.

Yeah he only just turned 20 so I doubt they expect him to be a key player straight away.

30 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Missed out not getting Adam lallana on a free Brighton’s gain 

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Old and expensive

Not to mention the 3 year deal they’ve given him!! No wonder he’s signing on there. Hasn’t started more than 5 games a season for over 3 years. 

• Like 1

Lallana would be good to be fair, but I think his wages would be very expensive, plus I doubt he’d come here without our future league being certain.

I would be up for some ‘proven’ PL players though.

No thanks to Lallana don't want players his age and with his injury record in the winger/playmaker positions unless they're exceptional talents. If we want more experience in the team, as in players in their thirties would prefer it if they were central defenders or a central midfielder, maybe a centre-forward if it's the right one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Valencia in some financial chaos again, Maxi Gomez might be available for second summer. Kevin Gameiro on a season long would be good aswell.

After seeing how Villa fans reacted to Wesley's play this year, can't wait to see how they'd feel about Gomez.

12 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

After seeing how Villa fans reacted to Wesley's play this year, can't wait to see how they'd feel about Gomez.

In my opinion, the team has played best with Wesley in the team, particularly against Burnley away

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, the team has played best with Wesley in the team, particularly against Burnley away

I agree. You'd certainly like to see him score more and become a better finisher, but he was doing a lot of the things Dean Smith asks him to do. Wins the ball in the air, holds on to it and moves it. He's not great at anything, but he's good at those things. If he becomes a more reliable finisher he has a chance to be very good for us. 

And I make the comment about Gomez because Gomez is a better finisher at this point than Wesley is, but he's not as good at the other stuff, so he's very much dependent on service right now.

23 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I agree. You'd certainly like to see him score more and become a better finisher, but he was doing a lot of the things Dean Smith asks him to do. Wins the ball in the air, holds on to it and moves it. He's not great at anything, but he's good at those things. If he becomes a more reliable finisher he has a chance to be very good for us. 

And I make the comment about Gomez because Gomez is a better finisher at this point than Wesley is, but he's not as good at the other stuff, so he's very much dependent on service right now.

Maxi Gomez is miles better than Wes at pretty much every aspect of football

• Thanks 1