Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

See, now this is a no brainer. If you have to give him 100k a week then so be it. He would instantly improve us. 

32 And played 30 games in the last 3 years

If he wants a 4 year deal on £100k a week then we shouldn't go anywhere near him 

10 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I saw Cavani mentioned a few pages back. Whenever I’ve watched him, he always seems really lazy. Like Berbatov but without the added magical flair. 

Maybe I’ve only seen him on off days, but if he is a lazy player, that’s the last thing you want in a team fighting relegation.

I'm a Napoli supporter as well, and while I can't speak to his effort at PSG, he never struck me as lazy in Naples. Now, he's not always the most interested defender, and he'll pick and choose his spots, but lazy isn't the right word. But, at 33, things might be different now.

12 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I'm a Napoli supporter as well, and while I can't speak to his effort at PSG, he never struck me as lazy in Naples. Now, he's not always the most interested defender, and he'll pick and choose his spots, but lazy isn't the right word. But, at 33, things might be different now.

It would be very Villa to sign a player we were linked with ten years to late, Joe cole, ginola, grant holt 😂

• Like 2

Don't think we were ever linked to Cavani, that was Falcao, was probably just a made up rumour at the time but now it's been turned into a big 'what could have been' scenario that people like to bring up every so often. We've actually been linked to a few players over the years before they became big superstars, Aubameyang and Özil being a couple of others I can think of.

3 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Really hope we stay up. It will be a interesting transfer window for sure, as we don’t need the squad overhaul we required last summer. 4-5 quality additions. The intentions will be laid out. 

This was always the plan. This team is gelling now too, three decent forwards and we improve greatly.

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

This was always the plan. This team is gelling now too, three decent forwards and we improve greatly.

Don’t. Because my hopes are getting raised. Could be dashed on Sunday!

10 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Don’t. Because my hopes are getting raised. Could be dashed on Sunday!

Yeah, I am not dreaming yet. Let’s get Sunday behind us, if we scrape through I believe we kick on big time and won’t look back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Enda said:

Mings, Hause, and Engels are all howler-prone and Konsa is hardly the finished article. We have the second worst defensive record in the league. Reina is not our player. We all agree we need wingers but let’s not pretend the spine of the team couldn’t do with some surgery.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we went back for Tuenzebe. I think we are much more solid. Transformed. I think confidence will follow and that will improve us too.

32 minutes ago, useless said:

Don't think we were ever linked to Cavani, that was Falcao, was probably just a made up rumour at the time but now it's been turned into a big 'what could have been' scenario that people like to bring up every so often. We've actually been linked to a few players over the years before they became big superstars, Aubameyang and Özil being a couple of others I can think of.

We were linked to Cavani and Falcao, MON said something along the lines of “I’ve never heard of them”

RB Leipzig looking to offload attacking midfielder Ademola Lookman.

Another club I would be on the phone to the minute we ensure survival. He won't cost anywhere near the £22m they paid Everton for him.

There's a good player in there awaiting to be given a platform to do it on.

Him and Delufeou at Watford would be two great signings in my opinion.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

See, now this is a no brainer. If you have to give him 100k a week then so be it. He would instantly improve us. 

And then instantly become 100k/week 34 year old deadwood in the space of a year.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sign:

Nick Pope, Axel Tuanzebe, Ademola Lookman, Gerard Delufeou, & Tammy Abraham.

Good shouts, but Tom Heaton would like a word.

Eze, Billing, and Buendia are three who will be looking for a Premier League club. At least one of Mitrovic or Benrahma the same. I think there’s consensus that these sorts of players in the £25m range are who we should be looking at. (Apart from the FM nutters. They’re a whole other story.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enda said:

Mings, Hause, and Engels are all howler-prone and Konsa is hardly the finished article. We have the second worst defensive record in the league. Reina is not our player. We all agree we need wingers but let’s not pretend the spine of the team couldn’t do with some surgery.

I agree with all of this, but... I don’t think we need a complete overhaul. I was impressed with Engels for the first quarter of the season. Konsa looks like he could turn into a 1st rate defender. Hause I’ve got nothing for ya. Got no clue what anyone sees in him to be honest. Another season under their belts with a legitimate attack could easily be top half. 

1 minute ago, NSmith22 said:

Konsa looks like he could turn into a 1st rate defender. Hause I’ve got nothing for ya. Got no clue what anyone sees in him to be honest. 

C'mon now, he's our best striker!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NSmith22 said:

I agree with all of this, but... I don’t think we need a complete overhaul. I was impressed with Engels for the first quarter of the season. Konsa looks like he could turn into a 1st rate defender. Hause I’ve got nothing for ya. Got no clue what anyone sees in him to be honest. Another season under their belts with a legitimate attack could easily be top half. 

I didn't like Engels at all he is way too slow.

I would buy John Stones to partner Mings, he should be going quite cheap.