Formula One - 2020

BOF

6 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

This highlights the problem though,  nobody should be able to go from last place to top 10 unless we are in a Disney film or he's driving a white beetle.

I think it's ridiculous.

Yeah 10 or 15 more laps and he'd have had a genuine chance of winning

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

This highlights the problem though,  nobody should be able to go from last place to top 10 unless we are in a Disney film or he's driving a white beetle.

I think it's ridiculous.

Agreed but if he has the other lead cars around him as well, it’s a lot harder and a lot more chance of an incident 

Well there's Vettel's seat for next season.

I was initially against Perez leaving when all them Seb rumours started but the fact is Lance has been better this season. Perez missing 2 races didn't do him any favours either I'd imagine. 

Mercedes - Hamilton/Bottas
Red Bull - Max/Albon
Ferrari - Leclerc/Sainz
McLaren - Ricciardo/Norris
Aston Martin - Vettel/Stroll
Alpine - Ocon/Alonso
Alpha Tauri - Gasly/Tsunoda
Alfa Romeo - Schumacher/Kimi 
Williams - Russell/Latifi
Haas - KMag/Perez

Bit of a prediction

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Qualy was a bit dead yesterday, I haven't got much hope for today's race 

I’m at a loose end today so will probably watch it. I’m a bit gutted that I missed the 1 one good race in about 7 last week.

Where do you even start with that one. Having watched the lower formulas beforehand, I did think there was a chance for chaos in the F1 race because other than the first corner, it all looked very tight and sweepy.  In hindsight I should have put money on a safety car, but I didn't. Ho hum.  The crashes kinda dominate the headlines and dictated the shape of the race.  Such a shame for Russell missing out on a points finish. Glad to see Albon turning in a podium finish even at the expense of Abiteboul's tattoo.  I'm amazed we had 8 retirements and Grosjean wasn't one of them.  Congrats to Ferrari on a double points finish in their 1,000th race *cough*  ;):P

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

Where do you even start with that one. Having watched the lower formulas beforehand, I did think there was a chance for chaos in the F1 race because other than the first corner, it all looked very tight and sweepy.  In hindsight I should have put money on a safety car, but I didn't. Ho hum.  The crashes kinda dominate the headlines and dictated the shape of the race.  Such a shame for Russell missing out on a points finish. Glad to see Albon turning in a podium finish even at the expense of Abiteboul's tattoo.  I'm amazed we had 8 retirements and Grosjean wasn't one of them.  Congrats to Ferrari on a double points finish in their 1,000th race *cough*  ;):P

The safety car restart where everyone piled up was scary - shades of Billy Monger's crash (although at least they weren't at full race speed). At first I thought Bottas was being a bit of an idiot but having seen the post race comments from Lewis it seemed that the safety car lights only went out on the last corner so he had very little choice other than to weave about a bit before the start/finish line.

13 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

The safety car restart where everyone piled up was scary - shades of Billy Monger's crash (although at least they weren't at full race speed). At first I thought Bottas was being a bit of an idiot but having seen the post race comments from Lewis it seemed that the safety car lights only went out on the last corner so he had very little choice other than to weave about a bit before the start/finish line.

Yeah shades of Riccardo Paletti's fatal smash for me. As has been said pretty much everywhere, Bottas fully entitled to do what he did so long as he wasn't erratically accelerating and decelerating, which he wasn't. There should be huge punishments for any midfield drivers who are found to have jumped the gun and then slammed on. Whether the lights were later than usual or not is irrelevant for me.  They all know the rules and they're the best drivers in the world allegedly.  They have zero excuses for me and their behaviour was shameful and very dangerous. 

People saying to keep it on the calendar. Gotta say I'm not entirely convinced. Take out the crashes and you've got one corner (or one sequence) where you can overtake i.e. the first corner and then into 2 and 3. The rest is a hypnotic weave of very fast corners where you stay single file until the finish straight.  It's certainly not amongst the worst tracks in the world but for F1 with 2 metre wide cars that are half a minute a lap faster than a MotoGP bike, it doesn't lend itself to much racing, even if it is very pretty.