Formula One - 2020

BOF

14 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

They really shouldn't have. They were second best throughout. It's only because of tyres they were so far behind.

I know what you mean but with Bottas tyre punctured and Hamilton's having similar blistering they should have kept the pressure on and then who knows what would have happened.

The issue is currently no one is challenging Mercedes. Ferrari have gone backwards and God knows what's going on in Vettels head. Red Bull currently need Albon to step up. McLaren are just a bit too far back and Racing Point can be brilliant or average or even both in the same race. 

Mercedes really **** up today. 
Didn’t bring Bottas in before his tyre let go which cost them points. Then didn’t bring Hamilton in when Bottas tyre failed which almost cost them the win. 

The engineers saved them because the car was so fast. 

Ferrari were obviously cheating so much last year with that engine. No one goes backwards like they have unless they have been banned from doing something dodgy

The 3 ferrari powered teams are a second off where they were last year. That's not just a car design flaw, its lack of power.

Should be a more interesting race next week, with no hard compound tyre being used so it's super soft, soft and medium available I believe so it'll be a 2 stop race and a bit more room for teams to change strategies 

• Like 1

Ferrari cheating last year with that engine, no fine or penalty and everything kept secret by fia

Racing point use a year old break dust system from Mercedes- €400,000 fine and 15 point deduction 

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Ferrari cheating last year with that engine, no fine or penalty and everything kept secret by fia

Racing point use a year old break dust system from Mercedes- €400,000 fine and 15 point deduction 

It does seem unfair but looking at it objectively, if the rumours about what Ferrari were doing are true, then they didn't breach the letter of the law (and the secrecy is to protect the cleverness of the technology) whereas Racing Point categorically did breach the letter.  So in that sense they do differ.  Still stinks though.

• Like 1

Honestly man, thank god for Max Verstappen. What a driver he is. 

Much more interesting race than last week but I mean, it would've been hard to be any worse 😆 While it's unlikely it would be good to keep these softer tyres and make more races a 2 stop, keeps things a lot more exciting to watch. 

22 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Quality from Russell once again, he has to move up the grid next year, where does he go though? Why didn’t Merc look at him to partner Lewis instead?

Unfortunately mercedes are happy to keep bottas, who as quick as he his, plays the team game and is always close enough to Hamilton to push him but rarely trouble him, mercedes dont want another Rosberg v Hamilton situation 

What a great weekend of racing that was full stop.  I even took in the Brno MotoGP race between the F2 and the F1.  Superb stuff.  Max was absolute genius.  It shows what's required to beat that Merc.  As for Vettel, they're talking about switcing his chassis as its been bad for the past 2 races.  Honestly I look forward to the F2 and the F3 just as much now.  They're all a part of my GP weekend and the earlier ones get me out of bed :D (or sometimes I watch in bed ...)

2 hours ago, BOF said:

What a great weekend of racing that was full stop.  I even took in the Brno MotoGP race between the F2 and the F1.  Superb stuff.  Max was absolute genius.  It shows what's required to beat that Merc.  As for Vettel, they're talking about switcing his chassis as its been bad for the past 2 races.  Honestly I look forward to the F2 and the F3 just as much now.  They're all a part of my GP weekend and the earlier ones get me out of bed :D (or sometimes I watch in bed ...)

I am similar.in as much as after the first 10 minutes of the race I am dozing off and should be in bed.

19 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I am similar.in as much as after the first 10 minutes of the race I am dozing off and should be in bed.

Speaking of dozing off. I also watched some Formula E. I figured I'd watched everything else so I'd give it a shot as I was in a receptive mood. **** that. It was really odd. I'm sure not all tracks are like that, but it looked like slow motion F-Zero (the old SNES game) especially with the power-up arrowed sections. And the racing was dulllllll. Not for me, but hey if the technology gives me a better lawnmower then let them at it. 

On 10/08/2020 at 20:10, BOF said:

Speaking of dozing off. I also watched some Formula E. I figured I'd watched everything else so I'd give it a shot as I was in a receptive mood. **** that. It was really odd. I'm sure not all tracks are like that, but it looked like slow motion F-Zero (the old SNES game) especially with the power-up arrowed sections. And the racing was dulllllll. Not for me, but hey if the technology gives me a better lawnmower then let them at it. 

I've watched a few and sometimes it's very exciting to be fair.

But it's very different and making an effort to be all new and modern. The power ups and the fan boosts and all that make it a bit more interesting I guess, but hardly seems like "proper" racing.