Formula One - 2020

BOF

What a great car.

People like to say the 'Ferrari years' were boring, but it was only 2002 and 2004 that it was really a Merc style kerb stomp, 2000 and 2003 especially were razor close and came down to the last race. And the whole time the FIA were trying to nerf them (race fuel for qualifying, no tyre changes etc). These years 2014-2021 have been painful. Ferrari had a better car in early 2017 and 2018 but balls ups combined with Merc's relentless dev pace mean they were well ahead at the end.

I think there is some suspicion over the Mercedes though. It is SO much faster than the other cars, and we have mature regs now. I wouldn't be surprised if something dodgy was going on. Wolff said in 2019 that Merc were '68 bhp down' on Ferrari. Let me tell you that is absolute bollocks, and the evidence is at Monza where if the power was that much difference you could have Hamilton x 1000 in the car and he'd be nowhere near the ferrari not battling for the win.

Also i find it baffling how Ferrari could make such a truly shit car. Like the engine is much weaker but the whole thing is just terrible. I dunno how Binotto is still in a job

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Genie said:

28 degrees and 0% chance of rain today in Sochi so the weather won’t be bringing any drama. 
Hoping for a fun race but not expecting anything.

Lewis starting on the soft while Max is on the medium could make the first 10-15 laps interesting at least

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Lewis starting on the soft while Max is on the medium could make the first 10-15 laps interesting at least

I hope so, but fastest driver in the fastest car on the faster tyre doesn’t fill me with confidence Max can challenge him.

12 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

did I hear them say that he has got a 5 second time penalty for his practice lap?

He has 2x5 second time penalties for 2 practice starts outside the designated area. He took them during a pitstop.

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

He has 2x5 second time penalties for 2 practice starts outside the designated area. He took them during a pitstop.

yep, that happened just a minute or two after i posted that.

will Red Bull drop Albon at the end of the season? he certainly hasnt done brilliant for them has he

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

WTF is Vettel doing?

Leclerc in 6th, Vettel 15th, behind the Ferrari engine customer cars.

I think one over-performed and one under-performed. A weird day for them.

Was a bit boring that. 

It's very funny when Lewis doesn't have it all his own way he'll spit his dummy out and question the rules. Compare that with the way Ricciardo responded.

Good to see Albon back to his rubbish ways as well.

Wasn't a great race. Which proves it's not just who wins that matters, but how, and what happens elsewhere. We hardly saw the top 4 all race. Everything was around the lesser points finishes. Which tends to be where there action is. Pity Lewis couldn't catch Max and make a race of it, but if he had, no doubt DRS would have made a word removed of it and ensured an artificial tit for tat with no actual dicing going on. 

3 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

yep, that happened just a minute or two after i posted that.

will Red Bull drop Albon at the end of the season? he certainly hasnt done brilliant for them has he

I obviously don’t know Albon personally and he may be a really nice guy actually but since reading up about his Mother and the way his lavish upbringing was funded I’ve kind of not wanted him to do too well.

58 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

You would have thought that Lewis would have made sure he was ok to do practice starts there before doing them...

Yeah, he’s not exactly new to the sport so would know it was at best a risky thing to do.